gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:11 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Removing Redline 400 spider
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Removing Redline 400 spider  (Read 848 times)

davym2112

Removing Redline 400 spider
« on: November 10, 2012, 09:11 AM »
Has anybody ever removed the pressed on spider from a redline / Sugino 400 drive side crank arm  or know how it is done ?.

Took it for a re chrome but they wouldnt do it because the spider is alloy and the arm is steel. The guy said he could not chrome them both at the same time . Something to do with a slightly different process for chroming alloy and steel ?. :idiot2:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
Re: Removing Redline 400 spider
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 10:55 AM »
Didnt know that. Surely it can be done... ???

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 11:50 AM »
Has anybody ever removed the pressed on spider from a redline / Sugino 400 drive side crank arm  or know how it is done ?.

Took it for a re chrome but they wouldnt do it because the spider is alloy and the arm is steel. The guy said he could not chrome them both at the same time . Something to do with a slightly different process for chroming alloy and steel ?. :idiot2:

i think the chromer is talking shoite,the spider cant and shouldnt be removed to my knowledge and plenty of peeps here have had 400's rechoromed.i may be wrong but i dont think i am.if so then shoot me down in flames! :crazy2:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 11:56 AM »
they can be rechomed together.  yes they are two different materials but it can still be done.

dan-dare

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 11:57 AM »

i think the chromer is talking shoite,the spider cant and shouldnt be removed to my knowledge and plenty of peeps here have had 400's rechoromed.i may be wrong but i dont think i am.if so then shoot me down in flames! :crazy2:

True Mark....

If you do remove it, I don't think you'll get it back on.  :daumenhoch:

davym2112

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 12:07 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, :daumenhoch:  time to look for another chrome plater ..........

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 12:12 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, :daumenhoch:  time to look for another chrome plater ..........

where are you?  sure someone here will know a chromer near to you

davym2112

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 01:11 PM »

where are you?  sure someone here will know a chromer near to you

Lol, mate im currently in Singapore. Wont be back in the UK till Christmas

A lot of people had warned me not to get anything re chromed in Singapore because they over polish everything but a friend found this place. Talking to the guy he said he has re chromed a few kuwahara frames and forks but never had done the 400`s before. Maybe didnt want to risk making a mess of them.

I left a set of forks with him that the chrome is totally knackered on to see what the quality of his work is like. Wanted to try something not so critical as I have a few laserbars and posts I want done and dont want the kuwahara stamping polished off. The old guy said he could leave the stamped areas intact.
Some really high quality parts sitting about waiting for collection and also gold and silver plated items as well.

Will see how the forks turn out and talk to him again about the cranks when I pick up the forks. Thanks for the help guys  :daumenhoch:

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 05:59 PM »
Had mine rechromed without a problem  :)

Neil

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 06:02 PM »
 :smitten:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Removing Redline 400 spider

gfxgfx
gfx gfx