gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 03:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Shafted up the backside from ebay :(
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Shafted up the backside from ebay :(  (Read 1681 times)

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Shafted up the backside from ebay :(
« on: November 09, 2012, 04:27 PM »
Hi fellas,
Bit fed up. I sold a guitar pedal on ebay a couple of weeks ago, and then got a pm from the buyer to see if I didn't mind waiting a week for payment. I didnt mind the wait and the thing only went for £20 anyway. So I wait a week, then send it the day after the money comes through.
Wait another week and the buyer emails me to say it hasn't turned up. I get back to him straight away and apologise and ask him to wait a few more days as I have never had anything go missing before. I check the reciept, but I dont have a tracking no but have the proof of postage.
Anyway a couple more days go past and then I get a message through ebay stating that he formally wants to open up a case through ebay and get his money back. I am alright with everything so far but here is the point that really fooks me off.
My paypal account goes on hold which means I cant access any money from now on and I have other sales which I dont want to post out till I can access the money. Ebay will make the final decision and probably refund him the money. His feedback is 123 at 96% with 3 negs and a few neutrals and mine is 534 100% positive. I have worked bloody hard for that and this guy can leave me a neg and get his money back and I cant do a thing :rant:
Anybody else have this happen???? The only thing to do is to send everything out tracked in future, which is going to end up being a lot more expensive. but what can you do :angrysoapbox:

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Shafted up the backside from ebay :(
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 04:30 PM »
Can't you chase up a refund from the Post Office?  My understanding is you have a receipt, you're covered up to a certain amount.

Anything over a tenner, I send Recorded but I don't think you get any more insurance with Recorded.

Good luck with everything.

I get really peeved with eBay nowadays, they charge so much!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 04:32 PM by LucyLastic »

mattuknc

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 04:31 PM »
Yeah, not good. All ebay items I send out are recorded, it does cost more but when they know they have to sign for it they can't really say anything?!
You still might be able to claim the £36 (max I think) from the post office? Doesn't help your ebay feedback though I'm afraid.

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 04:33 PM »
Raise an issue with the post office about it being lost in the post , you will get your money back.

Do they suspend your Paypal for something like that? I thought you could respond to the case ? Just refund him and get your money back off the PO, he probably won't leave you neg for it as you have done everything right. 

The Burner King

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 04:47 PM »
I'm not 100% sure but if you make a claim from the PO, the receiver has to sign something to say he hasn't received the item even though it will be you putting in the claim, so i would do the claim 1st before giving him the refund.

It sounds dodgy as fook to me, had no money to pay, and now has the pedal (most prob) and will get his money back  >:(

I think you can claim for up to £46 if item gets lost.

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 04:51 PM »
I've only ever had one thing go missing and we have 1000+ feedback on ebay , I thought the thing that went missing was a bit iffy, you just get a feeling. I calimed off the PO and got my money back, the buyer didn't have to do anything.   

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 05:00 PM »
lesson learnt there then mate i'm sorry to say  :( always send things with tracking where ebay and paypal are concerned :daumenhoch: fooks me off when you think people are honest then try to screw you for sometimes only a matter of a few pounds :-[

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 05:07 PM »
I had the same with a old 80's game - went missing in the post or so the buyer said - frozen paypal  :tickedoff:  then he got his money back and i had to try and sort it out with the post office

but with luck  ! the post office aproved my clam and i got back my £52 in a chx

so that may be the way to go

let him have his money back
unfreeze paypal

fill the form in from the post office - it should be able to find it by wait and price at the time you went to the post office

good luck  :daumenhoch:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 05:08 PM »
Cheers for the replies fellas. I went in the post office today, but they said you have to send it tracked in order to claim anything back. I will be down there again tomorrow to post some bars (tracked) so I will ask again. It just raises the cost for the seller, which in my opinion are way to high to begin with. I remeber when it was free when ebay first came out :laugh:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 05:09 PM »
This is always frustrating.

Im sure the PO dont consider anything lost when its sent standard 1st class until after 20+ days... ???

Ebay wont penalise you if you follow procedure but as already mentioned I dont think you can avoid neg feedback, other than politely asking him not to leave any.

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 05:09 PM »
Cheers bendycat. The sooner I pay him,  the sooner I can get over it I guess ;)

pkripster

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 05:31 PM »
Weren't worth the grief guitar pedel ain't worth f all is it

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 05:40 PM »

Some guitar pedals are expensive...

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 05:45 PM »
i posted a hub today and the woman asked 'anything worth over 64 quid?' so that must be your limit !

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 05:52 PM »
Defo not worth the grief. I mean there are somethings that I like about the bay and I do use it alot and have done for years and this is the first problem I have had (Ive always thought their fees are way to high though) and as a buyer, ive always felt safe. Ill let you know of any developments tomorrow and many thanks again for listening to my rant :'(

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 05:53 PM »
Its he whole principle...does'nt matter if its not worth much!

The whole ballache of it though is the Paypal freeze thing, you either have to pay him before the case has a decision made by Ebay or credit your account with the same value to carry on!

just put your postage up a bit.

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 06:02 PM »
I think the answer is to check your buyers feedback before sending anything out. If their at 100% positive, then maybe its ok to send without tracking. but if they have even one neg, then send it tracked and insured. People always tend to think your a rip off merchent if you charge too much postage, but I guess that can be explained in your ad.
I'm off for a large glass of forget about it :)

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 06:16 PM »
Cheers for the replies fellas. I went in the post office today, but they said you have to send it tracked in order to claim anything back. I will be down there again tomorrow to post some bars (tracked) so I will ask again. It just raises the cost for the seller, which in my opinion are way to high to begin with. I remeber when it was free when ebay first came out :laugh:

That's not true about sending it tracked in order to claim anything back. You can claim upto £46 I think with proof of postage. They are feeding you BS there.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:22 PM by Haro82 »

ozone

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 06:21 PM »

That's not true about sending it tracked in order to claim anything back. You can claim upto £46 I think with proof of postage. They are feeding you BS there.

+1 on this.

Submit a P58 claim form and they should cough up.  It's highly likely that the buyer has received their item but wants it for free.  You always run this risk sending unrecorded items to people you don't know.   :knuppel2:

It's only an extra 80p have items recorded, this additional cost can be added to the postage price when you list your item.  Worth it for your piece of mind alone...  

Don't do it again.   :daumenhoch:

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 06:25 PM »
Recorded all the way with eBay, you sadly can't trust people. 

On the plus side, you have there address.  Get em a pizza as a thankyou  >:D
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Just got an email saying the item has turned up and the case will be closed :) Very strange, but definatly not complaining. I am actually quite relieved as I had lost the proof of postage slip and was just about to offer him a full refund :-[ Ill put the money toward some decals for my haro sport chuffed :)

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 08:24 PM »
What pedal was it?
2 minutes turkish...

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 08:28 PM »
Ebay are only interested in a tracking number, proof of postage is pretty useless to them so its best to always send your gear recorded.

Thankfully its now been received though....Pain aint it!!

I got stung about 8 years ago sending a mobile phone that id sold (unrecorded) ....I lost £60 cos the bloke said it hadnt been delivered :( .  It may have been the truth but there are some scumbags out there that are willing to play the system at your expense :(

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2012, 02:40 AM »
good to hear  :daumenhoch:

proof of posting ( the post office write the postcode of where it is being sent)
vat receipt(the price you paid - self employed must get this for tax return)
recorded delivery (same as above - but with better come back)

if you do loose any thing in the post, they will want to know sizes and a weight + what it was wrapped it and also continence - value of item and price of postage

ebay are a law to there own - they can stop payment or freeze paypal at will - you can phone both till blue in the face  :tickedoff:

you just have to think what you need to do in order to get every thing on your side if it dose go tits up  ::)

you can ask them to remov neg feedbck if every thing has been followed to the rules of ebay - i.e. if you have sent money back and or item has come back and refunded price

such a nice easy advert on tv for ebay they make out  ::)  - in real life  :wtf:  :10_2_12: :tickedoff: :2gunsfiring_v1: :Aresehole: :knuppel2:  :-X :buck2: :crazy2:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2012, 03:02 AM »
Ive always thought their fees are way to high though
The fees are high to cover the cost of the thousands of daily claims by buyers alleging the item 'never' arrived. Due to buyers legal rights, Ebay are obligated by law to refund any claim of monies. They pass that claim onto you through their fees.  :yahoo_silent:

Not saying that all buyers are alleging non deliverance as, I have heard from a few posties, the things that happen when they use 'casual' or 'agency' staff. The temptation to keep the parcels or packages I guess is high. They also leave them unattended on doorsteps so they don't have to fill out forms for undelivered.  :knuppel2:
BANNED

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Shafted up the backside from ebay :(

gfxgfx
gfx gfx