gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 07:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Movemeber 2012...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Movemeber 2012...  (Read 321 times)

Offline Schneeky1

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Movemeber 2012...
« on: October 31, 2012, 09:44 AM »
A few years back my Grandfather developed Prostate Cancer. I was devestated when he gave me the news.

Anyone that really knows me will know how much my Nan and Grandad mean to me as they took me in to their home when i had no where else to go.

They have seen me through the darkest times of my life and have always given me support and nuture when needed and guidence when i was messing things up.

Due to the research done on Prostate Cancer, my Grandfather was one of the lucky ones that survived. He is 85 years young this year and i cherish every moment i get to spend and speak with him.

Raising money for 'Movember' is not a laugh and a joke for me, it is my way of saying thank you to everyone that has donated for research in the past that enabled me to continue to spend time with my Pops.

I know times are hard for many many people but please even if it's a quid donate it for a good cause and try and help the 1 IN 9 MEN THAT SUFFER FROM PROSTATE CANCER.

• One man dies from prostate cancer every hour.
• This year 40,000 men will be diagnosed and 10,000 will lose their lives to the disease.
• Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men
• The incidence rates are 3 times higher in African Caribbean men.
• Men are 2.5 times more likely to get prostate cancer if a father or brother has had it.

http://uk.movember.com/mospace/3028537

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Movemeber 2012...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx