gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 03:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Share your unusual BMX accidents & Injuries BITD!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Share your unusual BMX accidents & Injuries BITD!  (Read 592 times)

leehunt1

Share your unusual BMX accidents & Injuries BITD!
« on: October 30, 2012, 08:13 AM »
I once fell off My burner doing some stunt and the brake lever stuck straight through my cheek  :buck2:
please share your freek accidents..!!

:Great_Britain:

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Share your unusual BMX accidents & Injuries BITD!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 09:24 AM »
I knackered a ligament falling off in my ankle wearing Dunlop green flash trainers. Bit boring really, but... Not BMX but the freakiest accident I saw was off these Maskall kids we had close by. 3 lads, early 80s, bad haircuts, flares and ferral. Everywhere you looked they were getting rounds of fooks and flairs and beige was the new norm. Well, we had home improvements and the contractors had box trailers wih jockey wheels like a caravan. Eldest flaremeister climbs into lock up, and scales a trailer. While hes twatting about and ignoring get down shouts, the wind knocks him, he falls and takes a winding handle straight up the ass!! Not a pretty removal and colostamy bag for the rest of his life. Wouldnt have been so bad but removal was like horrid and the firemen left the shit and blood everywhere. Chewy.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

M5AT

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 09:28 AM »
Split me shin open doing some endo based trick which involved putting me knee on the stem.

Knee slipped & me shin was opened up by the Tange headlock, sharp little fookers them.

Opened up & saw the bone, eeuuurrrggghhh.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 09:30 AM »
I had some really soft Oakley copies (Fuan 8 or something) that when they got wet used to just slip straight off the bars.......i found this out mid jump resulting in me eating the dirt  :-\

i also thought it would be a great idea to test the tension of my chain while actually riding  :idiot2: resulting in nearly taking the top of my finger off by the chainwheel  :shocked:

opened up my shin down to the bone by some rat trap pedals, went over the bars and the pedal went right through my shin.......30 odd stitches, i then opened it back up a few weeks later and it all went sceptic......have a lovely Y shaped scar now  :daumenhoch:

leehunt1

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 09:36 AM »
AAHHhh ! yes Shins..! My shins are covered in small scars from pedal bites..!!

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 09:46 AM »
Never had owt bad happen but i went arse over tit over the bars trying to hop up the 3 inch lip on the bottom edge of our local half pipe a few month back  :-[   
 :LolLolLolLol:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

leehunt1

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 09:51 AM »
did u feel a cnut..! LOL

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 09:53 AM »
Oh yeah, was almost as bad as the week before when i made the mistake of saying watch this...... and proceeded to fall off the open end of the half pipe about 3/4 of the way up  ;D
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

leehunt1

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 09:55 AM »
May I enquire how old u are ..?  :D

Tidelander

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 10:12 AM »
Coming around the first berm at Adur Aces track in Shoreham, there were no marshalls on the first berm and so it got all elbows-out and I went down only to have my best mate who was behind me (as always) ride over my leg and give me a horrific compound leg fracture for my trouble. I swear he was grinning as he did it - it is a fact I remind him of to this day  >:D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:14 AM by Tidelander »

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 10:15 AM »
I was racing bitd at Hungerford track, which had a really fast 1st straight with big speed jumps.

Came out of the gate with the rest of the pack and as we got to the 1st speed jump somebody caught their pedal in my wheel and flipped me.  As I landed I hit the upside of the 1st speed jump at high speed with my right knee bent.  The force of the impact split my kneecap in half.  Fook me I have never felt pain like that before (or since), I had 2 operations to fix the split knee and spent 6 months in plaster.

nosepickben

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 11:39 AM »
Like pickle, i tested my chain tension with my index finger while riding back to the car after a moto at knottingley '87 or so. Finger went some way round between chain and chainring. Got a huge and painful blood blister. Next weird one was 1992, british champs at derby,, i bailed a 360, got hit in the right groin by my bars when i landed, got a bruise on my inner thigh the size of a dinner plate and a torn scrotum, I trapped my bag against my leg. Plenty pain...  I broke my jaw at chesterfield skatepark in 99/2000 when attempting to ride at speed up the very edge of a transition to do something carved (can't remember what) my front wheel went off the side of the ramp and i bashed my chin/jaw on the coping. Couldn't chew food for ages. Very frustrating.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:50 PM by nosepickben »

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 01:08 PM »
The photos  of me with a fractured skull in the me & my bikes section from 5yrs ago are not the dirst time....

13yrs old, you know how fookin daft we all were. Quarterpipe in my mare's back yard made from a couple of 8x4's held together with Blue Peter magic. Big run up. Air. Only 4' wide..... Yep, missed the fooka completely on the way down and fractured my skull and busted up both my knuckles. Kept over night on the saturday for observation and released with serious concussion Sunday afternoon Back at school monday morning......

Sent home after an hour as I couldn't write straight.

Some things we never learn from eh? I'm still scared of getting out the top of quarterpipes to this day but still try!

My brother Simon got hit inthe face by a bee jumping the big water-jump down the local bomb-hole..... That was messy. God knows how he didn't break his arms and legs in the carnage that followed as he missed the landing ramp.....
Still limping......

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 06:38 PM »
May I enquire how old u are ..?  :D

Ahem 37  :-[

nosepickben

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 06:51 PM »
37 is young. Isn't it Spen..  ;) ;)

Mdbh

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 07:13 PM »
Not so much bk in the day but did this last Christmas at corby I was going through the box section and on the last jump I hung up doing a toboggan and I got front flipped from the top of the landing to the concrete straight to my shoulder it hurt like hell!!

I had 6 degrees of seperation and that bone sticking up is suppose to be attached to my shoulder blade,and is still like this and always will be, it was hard to work for a while as I'm a roofer and its my bumping shoulder lol
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:15 PM by Mdbh »

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 07:41 PM »
37 is young. Isn't it Spen..  ;) ;)

Yep. I feel like Jimmy Saville if I offer you a lift, that's how young you are compared to me......
Still limping......

e5dcb

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 08:03 PM »
Very young bitd , decided to check how loose my chain was while coasting along.  :idiot2: then fecking pedald !!! 2 fingers half way round the chainring later. I had to stop the bike and pull my fingers back around to release it. 2 puncture wounds a few stitches and 2 bandaged fingers :-(. How silly.
Not as bad as some story's here  :shocked:

leehunt1

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 08:16 PM »
Im gonna take my aero reflex down to the local ramps in the summer do u think i should
wear a helmet..?
Think i will check the chain tension while stationary  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
Im 42 u know..!!

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 08:18 PM »
Came off my bike last year and banged my knee  (even pedalled 2 miles home) and it wasn't until a week later when the swelling wasn't going down I found out I broke my knee cap  :-\
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:20 PM by gish »
Ride it like its stolen

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Share your unusual BMX accidents & Injuries BITD!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx