gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 03:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Announcement - Haro Freestyler 30th Anniversary Frame and Fork availability
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Announcement - Haro Freestyler 30th Anniversary Frame and Fork availability  (Read 4810 times)

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Hi all

I have been looking at the best and most cost effective way of bringing these frames into the UK. We all know the cost of duty and overseas freight so its been a bit of a headache but I have something arranged now that may be the best option. If you are interested in purchasing based on the following arrangement, please email me directly at DOMPHIPPSIO@aol.com

If you aren't, please don't comment in the thread, its purely for information purposes.

The UK Haro Importer Moore Large have agreed to bring an allocation into the UK and reserve these by individual name i.e. I submit a list and they contact you when they land and are ready for local dispatch. The duty on the frames is unavoidable, Moore Large will have to pay it so they have to pass it on. That aside, we have a landed cost that strips back the costs as much as possible due to some negotiation and bulk shipping discounts.

The landed price to a collector in the UK without local delivery is 840.00 UK Pounds. The worst case was $995 + $200 VAT + $45 US duty + $225 Delivery = $1465 or 915 pounds so its a saving of around 75 pounds per unit.

A number of you have already committed and are on the list. anybody who would like one, please drop me an email with your full name and email address as soon as possible. Id like to have the list up together by later tonight and I have a number of these reserved should anybody want one.

Thanks guys
Dom

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
Dom, how many of these are being made? Just curious....

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Dom, how many of these are being made? Just curious....

290 sold on the open market and the first ten serials auctioned at entire value to a charity. Probably the athletes recovery fund but will be confirmed soon.

darksunday

I'm sorry, I tried not to comment but humor got the better of me,

£900?

nine-hundred UK pounds?

for for a simple bmx frame with some re-popped stickers on it?

as I've said preiously I like the frame, its a nice job, what it should have been before, the hype and enjoyment of the project has been cool,
genuinely what the frame deserved, its a legend,
well done, genuinely,

but £900 fooking quids!!
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

knowing the excitement and demand for the frames would it not have made more sense to do a larger production to keep the price down?
could a massive bike company like HARO not find the simple resources to build a simple bicycle frame?

and why the need for a list?
is it like a guest list where you don't get to party if you're not invited?

so you end up creating disappointment in those that aren't on "your" special list?
 :LolLolLolLol:

£500 would be expensive,

£900 is just silly.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Each to his own Joe but I only paid $575 for my Retrogoose and that included custom made one-off forks made by Geoff Melms. Yes, there are only ten of each of the frames too, so a pretty exclusive run.... and I have one of each now, so I got both plus change for the same price as the Haro.

Doesn't mean if I had that kind of money I wouldn't probably have one for the hell of it though as they are iconic. End of..... Just feels a big amount I suppose. But the serious collectors can spend their money on what they like and that is a special piece of kit.
Still limping......

nosher70

I think the UK tax man wins yet again...............

mark 2

It's easy to put Dom in the firing line for that final price but it is all the duties and expenses beyond his control that does bump it up to an expensive frame. Play nice!

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:

£900?

nine-hundred UK pounds?

as I've said preiously I like the frame, its a nice job, what it should have been before, the hype and enjoyment of the project has been cool,
well done, genuinely,

but £900 fooking quids!!
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

knowing the excitement and demand for the frames would it not have made more sense to do a larger production to keep the price down?
could a massive bike company like HARO not find the simple resources to build a simple bicycle frame?

so you end up creating disappointment in those that aren't on "your" special list?

£500 would be expensive,

£900 is just silly.

;D

Offline TORKER mick

• Look Back
  • Rated:

£900?

nine-hundred UK pounds?

well done, genuinely,

but £900 fooking quids!!

£500 would be expensive,

£900 is just silly.

do you ever have anything nice to say :idiot2:

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Oh I do like threads that start off about one thing only to be about something else in the blink of an eye.
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
I dont eat parsnips.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Do the figures quoted include UK import duty + handling? 
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
Got to be honest , I agree with DS to a certain degree ,that's why I asked how many were being made.
That's a lot of wedge IMO ???
Hey ho ...Each to there own and all that....

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
How much would one cost to buy in the States ?.. I'd arrange my own shipping.
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Ash they're a thousand bucks mate.

You do know that Haro isn't SE don't you...... Just checking like ???
Still limping......

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Ash they're a thousand bucks mate.

You do know that Haro isn't SE don't you...... Just checking like ???

1000 bucks.....awsome frames but i'll not be getting one as it's not my thing. They'll all sell no problems.

Fear not Spen, 3 more SE's are heading this way  >:D

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Fear not Spen, 3 more SE's are heading this way

......along with another Knight RetroGoose :LolLolLolLol:

I still think the Haro is an awesome frameset but it's just so expensive I can't afford one :-\
Still limping......

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Shipping for a Frame and Fork from the states is only around the $80 - $100 mark. I have had most from over there and never paid anything like $225  :knuppel2:

Import Tax is avoidable if shipped 'correctly' but, the sum advertised of around $45 is correct for that size package.

So, by the time you have auctioned the first 10 serials, given away maybe, 50 frame sets to all those involved, you are left with maybe 250 for Worldwide sales  ::)

Not many really. And when you have taken the 'exclusive' buyers off the list, you are left with...........

As previously seen, the only ones that will be most desirable are the very first and last serial frame sets.

BANNED

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Fear not Spen, 3 more SE's are heading this way

......along with another Knight RetroGoose :LolLolLolLol:

;)

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Just been reading this and I think a few of yous should read back too Dom was just seeing if anyone was after one ! If its not your bag move along ,Doms life is Haro and he's trying to help.....have a think fellas

ozone

Just been reading this and I think a few of yous should read back too Dom was just seeing if anyone was after one ! If its not your bag move along ,Doms life is Haro and he's trying to help.....have a think fellas

He could have locked the thread himself as it was just an announcement and the subject wasn't up for discussion.  I'm sure the thread could be cleaned up and locked if free speech is such an issue for peeps.   :-\

dazza

Nice frames and only 30 coming uk and on a first come first served basis .

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
Nice frames  :daumenhoch:

But not £900 nice  :-\
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
and if you want a blue shotgun 2 to put on it one just sold on ebay for £263  :shocked: :shocked:
this is getting bloody ridiculous  :knuppel2:

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
FYI for those that purchased. The 30th Freestyler frame sets are in the country and are being dispatched today/tomorrow.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Announcement - Haro Freestyler 30th Anniversary Frame and Fork availability

gfxgfx
gfx gfx