gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 12:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  riding to work
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: riding to work  (Read 371 times)

mattuknc

riding to work
« on: October 23, 2012, 10:48 AM »
Well, I thought I should ride in this morning, the weather is pants but I need the exercise! Decided not to take a bmx!  :shocked:
Riding a mountain bike in was easier, but just lacked any feeling, it was just too grown up.
I shall be sticking with a bmx from now on.  :daumenhoch:
Just thought I'd share.

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Re: riding to work
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 10:50 AM »
I do every day fella (on a bmx) - cheers me up no end getting nearly killed by buses, taxi-drivers and school run 4X4 - lets me get rid of all the pent up anger of having to go into work in the morning :)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 10:59 AM »
hope you got some snow tyres  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 11:03 AM »

Heh - I just fook it off it's it's too bad ;)

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 11:05 AM »
Snow? Got ski's.. plenty of em.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

mattuknc

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 11:06 AM »
Comp3's.  :daumenhoch:

I do every day fella (on a bmx) - cheers me up no end getting nearly killed by buses, taxi-drivers and school run 4X4 - lets me get rid of all the pent up anger of having to go into work in the morning :)
I try and ride in when it's not raining, motorbike otherwise. The bmx is just so much more, fun!  ;D I got passed by a guy on a road bike, came to a hill, he slowed a little while I hopped up the curb and then passed him while he sat at a set of lights! You should have seen his face.  ;D

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 11:10 AM »

I try and ride in when it's not raining, motorbike otherwise. The bmx is just so much more, fun!  ;D I got passed by a guy on a road bike, came to a hill, he slowed a little while I hopped up the curb and then passed him while he sat at a set of lights! You should have seen his face.  ;D

;D

I got run over a few months ago - well the bike did, going round a roundabout and some stupid lady just pulled out on me - had to slide (as r-a-b is at the bottom of a hill) sideways and the car went over my real wheel. Was gonna swear a fair amount but the delicate petal had a child in with her so didn;t.

Rear wheel was fine though - Peregrine Madd Max's can take the weight of a car :)

mattuknc

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 11:12 AM »

;D

I got run over a few months ago - well the bike did, going round a roundabout and some stupid lady just pulled out on me - had to slide (as r-a-b is at the bottom of a hill) sideways and the car went over my real wheel. Was gonna swear a fair amount but the delicate petal had a child in with her so didn;t.

Rear wheel was fine though - Peregrine Madd Max's can take the weight of a car :)
Wow, that is impressive! Not sure Skyways would hold up to that!  :D

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 01:25 PM »
cheers me up no end
I try and ride in every day, but when I get to work, I just want to keep going  :'(  I hate it when it rains as it stops play for me. My mate said buy some waterproofs and wear  :crazy2:  Can you imagine it, I told him. 43 years old, on a 'kids' bike AND wearing waterproofs FFS  :uglystupid2:  ;D   I took a ride out on Sunday over some of my old stomping ground in Bognor Regis  :coolsmiley:  Lots has changed, only subtlety but, changed it has. Bought back some awesome memories though and didn't want to get off the bike and come back to reality  :'(  Exhilarating  :smitten: 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:27 PM by Londonhellboy »
BANNED

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  riding to work

gfxgfx
gfx gfx