gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975612 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 21, 2024, 06:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  ROM BMX JAM 2012 - Romford skate park THIS SUNDAY 21st October - NO SCOOTERS :-)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ROM BMX JAM 2012 - Romford skate park THIS SUNDAY 21st October - NO SCOOTERS :-)  (Read 901 times)

Robmac

I'm not associated with this event at all, but I dropped into ROM skatepark for old times sake yesterday while I was passing the area and spoke to the chap that runs the park. I hadnt been there for 25 years+ !!
I mentioned I was into old school BMX's and asked about whether they rented out the venue with a future event in mind. He mentioned they had BMX Jam this Sunday, and I thought it might be of interest to some of you Radsters ?? If I could ride properly I'd take a bike along, but I'd only fall off and break something :-[

I imagine it will be pretty much new school stuff, but there's no reason why you couldn't turn up on something old school and have a roll around. I forgot to ask the admission price, but it's normally £6 for a 4 hour session, so I can't imagine it's going to break the bank.

Might be a unique chance to ride this legendary park without being plagued by sh**ty little scooters  :daumenhoch:

Im going to try and get along for a couple of hours and just watch. I quite enjoy watching some of the kids (if that doesn't sound too wrong) on BMX's, even if it's new school stuff. I'm assuming there will be some decent riders turn out.

Details off their website below:

Come down and ride at the world famous ROM BMX JAM.
Music and Prizes and the Ian Superstar Stokes on the mike.
All are welcome to jam at the ROM a great day will be had by all that come with special guests to be announced.
Dont miss the BMX event of the year ROM Skateparks BMX ROM JAM 2012....SUNDAY 21st OCTOBER.
*********************************************************************************************
Upper Rainham Road
Hornchurch, Essex RM12 4ES
United Kingdom

http://romskatepark.com/#

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:44 AM by Robmac »

evamedia

ummmm, forget having a roll around, it'll be mobbed

Robmac

Maybe I'll just go along and watch then. Ill give them a call and check you can get in just as a spectator. I'd not heard of it before so had no idea what to expect.
Perhaps leave taking a bike to the more hardcore Radsters.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 05:47 PM by Robmac »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
some piccies of years gone by jams  :daumenhoch:

Billy avin it large!

Little vid
http://thecomeupbmx.net/video/rom-jam-09#comment-area
08 Vid
Not a valid vimeo URL09 vid
/>
That's what to expect  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  ROM BMX JAM 2012 - Romford skate park THIS SUNDAY 21st October - NO SCOOTERS :-)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx