gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 12:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A little help please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A little help please  (Read 321 times)

mightymini

A little help please
« on: October 15, 2012, 06:59 PM »
For quite a few years I have been trying to get some tracks built in our area. We now have a play track at redcar (not what we wanted but better than nowt) we were also trying to get a track at Eston but this seemed like it wasnt going to happen.

To my supprise in april of this year the council asked me if i would design a track, I agreed but stated they must use a track builder or at least someone to over see the work. After this meeting I heard no more. Then a sign apeared in august saying "bmx track coming soon", so i done a bit of fishing about and found it was my design they were using but the wernt using a track builder, I knew this was going to be a problem so I offered to help the contractor.

At first they seemed keen until it came do doing things corectly then they didnt want to know. I ended up recording the contractor on my sons ipod saying he "didnt give a ****" and then offering me out for a fight.

The track is now about to be signed off even though there is no surface, it is subsiding, The measurements take off profiles and berms do not match the design.

I would like you to have a look at my facebook page and comment please, any comments on here would help to. There are photos of the build and of the collapsing finished track on there as well as emails to and from the council.

Your help would be much appreciated.

http://www.facebook.com/Pinkmonkey71#!/redcar.bmxtrack/posts/521511504544972?notif_t=feed_comment

martylaa

Re: A little help please
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 07:01 PM »
Eston, my old stomping ground where abouts is the track and why don't you report all this to the council on the grounds of health and safety about the contractors response, anyway name him as well....

mightymini

Re: A little help please
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 07:04 PM »
Its on Eston rec, the council have been complained to but they dont want to know.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A little help please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx