gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 11:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  bearings question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bearings question  (Read 721 times)

dj-paul-c

bearings question
« on: October 10, 2012, 10:10 PM »
pedals-
 when rebuilding stripped down pedals after putting on the cone shaped type nut and the backing nut what is the correct method to tighten up ?
ive put then on with a socket as there recessed inside the pedal and just nipped up ,the pedals seem ok and are not coming loose on the spindle,
are you ment to hold the larger cone shape nut and tighten the back nut onto it,if so whats the best method
or have i done correctly ?

wheels-
what is the sizes of the bearings in low flange hubs ? as front and rear are different sizes
and can you use a caged bearing set in wheels ?

thanks for the help

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: bearings question
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 05:10 PM »
with the pedals you want to tighten the cone nut until theres no play then tighten the outside nut, if the pedals too tight to spin leave the outside nut and put a socket in and loosen the cone nut. it usually only needs a little bit to loosen off and it tightens against the outside nut and shouldn't come loose. there should be a washer between the cone and nut to stop the other moving while you tighten one. as for the wheels some will take caged bearings some don't and a lot will have different sizes too. it all depends on what make the hub is.

dj-paul-c

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 09:17 PM »
perfect
thanks john

Tony1971

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 09:33 AM »
On the pedals, I had the same problem I got around it by using threadlock on the cone nut and leaving to dry before putting the lock nut on. Worked for me. :daumenhoch:

Tony

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  bearings question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx