gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 09:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  2013 TA XL
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2013 TA XL  (Read 7043 times)

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
Re: 2013 TA XL
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2012, 12:52 PM »
Insteps missing from the good old trainer brakes.  :D

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2012, 01:37 PM »
Any indication on cost  ???
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2012, 01:42 PM »
none yet Peter, they haven't announced any details yet other than the pictures on the Museum and that it will be out in 2013 (and maybe other items as well)  ???

muttley

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2012, 01:46 PM »
Lots of skyway goodies out already grips, pedals etc. So you can get your parts spec ready for when it comes out. I have got to have these cranks stickers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bboygraphix/3381849976/

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2012, 03:53 PM »
The crank stickers are lovely  :smitten:

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2012, 05:14 PM »
I quite like the look of that actually.

Don't get me wrong, I used to be a massive fan of Skyway. However with the churn out of old stuff revamped, one thing after another, in a very production line type manner my opinions are somewhat changed.  Do they have any plans to get back in the game with some new stuff?

Thing is its still a business...

Just reading Ed's comments on the 24 and the marketing strategy i don't think skyway have sold out tbh, just targeted a specific market.
It seems they are aiming at the old skyway fans that still want to have a go so have adapted to newer race friendly geometry in order to appeal a bit more to them. I know the bikes don't compare with the serious race bikes of today but the guys in the US just turning out for the love that's been ground in from yesteryear, then i see the point.
How many guys that raced in the 80's are turning out in the US at the moment ?.... I think a lot more than in this country that's for sure.
In doing what they are doing i don't think they have sold out simply because the intention is there for the bikes to be raced on, even if it be just for fun and by the skyway fans of the 80's.
Personally I would have prefered them to have sold out and just gone down the retro repro avenue because i think the only market for them in the UK is the bmx pub crawl brigade that i am happy to be a part of.

Saying that the new 24's are a worthy pub steed too. :coolsmiley:

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2012, 05:25 PM »

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2012, 05:57 PM »
Not sure i said anything about selling out? I just find it a bit of a let down and boring to just re-hash a 30 year old bike, wheels and whatever else is in the cupboard. Get amongst it....  :4_17_5:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Let down how exactly  ???

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2012, 06:46 PM »
As in I had expectations of some cutting edge shit like everyone else manages to do, like they used to do. Just my opinion of course dear chap. Now i'm off out for beers.  :D

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2012, 10:28 PM »
I particularly like the way this Promotional picture shows the stickers lifting on all corners and it also shows how good the welds on the forks are. Avertising gold  :LolLolLolLol:

This is the prototype guys.  The decals are just for mock-up only.  The production frames will have "correct" decals on them.  Our priority at the moment is to test the frameset.  Not the decals!

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2012, 10:30 PM »
probably just taken off the 24" TA so i guess it would be a little longer?

Correct. 

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2012, 10:35 PM »
I would have to disagree with the U Brake not working as well as a V Brake. It depends what U Brake you are using. I use to use DC or Weinmann centre pulls and they work friggin' awesome. It's how you set them up.

Skyway are just on the same band wagon as most. Get them out before the 80's guys get fed up buying BMX (not a debate time Rich  :D ). They should listen to the buyer more than the bank notes. They will still make a huge profit if it's done right  :daumenhoch:

Actually, as part of the design team on these frames, I'm setting these up the way that I personally would want a frame.  I'm 43, and been in BMX since the beginning, and miss the look and feel of bikes back then.  I certainly didn't want to build just another aluminum frame.  And the guys at Skyway all agree on that too.  All of them are old-school BMX guys too.....

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2012, 10:40 PM »
I would have to disagree with the U Brake not working as well as a V Brake. It depends what U Brake you are using. I use to use DC or Weinmann centre pulls and they work friggin' awesome. It's how you set them up.

Skyway are just on the same band wagon as most. Get them out before the 80's guys get fed up buying BMX (not a debate time Rich  :D ). They should listen to the buyer more than the bank notes. They will still make a huge profit if it's done right  :daumenhoch:

Actually, as part of the design team on these frames, I'm setting these up the way that I personally would want a frame.  I'm 43, and been in BMX since the beginning, and miss the look and feel of bikes back then.  I certainly didn't want to build just another aluminum frame.  And the guys at Skyway all agree on that too.  All of them are old-school BMX guys too.....
:daumenhoch:
BANNED

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2012, 10:46 PM »

You can't tell by looking at the photo- but that is a Profile cassette hub with a 16 tooth cog in that rear Tuff Wheel!  That is a prototype as well....

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2012, 10:54 PM »
So do I get the option of NOT having the V mounts on the frame and fork and just having the rear bridge like in the picture  ???
BANNED

muttley

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2012, 04:32 PM »
Why would you want that as an option?

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2012, 06:47 PM »
Why would you want that as an option?

If you like the idea of just having a new skyway to ride around on to the park with kids or the pub with lads and also want that os feel even though the frame is the more rider freindly ns geometry. Then an option of dropping those mounts when ordering would be a great idea imo.

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2012, 08:48 PM »

I think i'll be having one of these even if it's just for a bit of fun  :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2012, 08:54 PM »
+1 for losing the gay brakes  :-X
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2012, 08:57 PM »
I love it  :daumenhoch: providing there's not a "p1ss take" price I'm having one  :daumenhoch:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2012, 09:34 PM »

I think i'll be having one of these even if it's just for a bit of fun  :daumenhoch:

Wish I had the funds to buy something like this just for fun. You make it sound like you're buying a raffle ticket!

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2012, 09:41 PM »
Why loose the brakes in favour of ones that don't work?

You'll want a wobbly 1" threaded headset next  :D
2 minutes turkish...

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2012, 09:44 PM »
Because V brakes look wank  :police:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2012, 09:48 PM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  2013 TA XL

gfxgfx
gfx gfx