gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 07:02 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  how much are these wheels worth
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: how much are these wheels worth  (Read 3609 times)

Danny BMX

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: how much are these wheels worth
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:49 PM »
Not a great deal mate they weigh a ton postage would be pretty expensive too.

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 03:50 PM »
Not a great deal mate they weigh a ton postage would be pretty expensive too.

+1

The best bike to challenge for a bunny hop competition - you could barely get them up the curb  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 03:54 PM »
My mate had 1 bitd  ;D He used 2 push it up hills not ride it cos it was less effort  :2funny: cut his finger off in the chain aswell if I remember  :D His surname was Summer so we used 2 call him summer the b-----  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 03:58 PM »
They be worth more if you weighed them in?  :D

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 04:01 PM »
if you was shipping them from the states they would weigh more than a complete bike-extremely heavy  :shocked:

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 04:12 PM »
My mate tried pulling a wheelie - I think the wheel stayed put and the stem came out of the forks!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 04:17 PM »
My mate tried pulling a wheelie - I think the wheel stayed put and the stem came out of the forks!  :LolLolLolLol:
:2funny:

Danny BMX

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 04:48 PM »
from these comments im gessing not a lot then i just got a set off ebay was thinking of putting them on my puch

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Hey bud, the comments are more jokes remembering the past with a pinch of salt.

Thats whats its all about in the end, enjoying the hobby now and back then.

But you have to agree - what was the design engineer thinking when he came up with them?  ::)

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 05:05 PM »
FPMSL

Yeah take it all with a pinch of salt. These were not highly regarded BITD, but seem to be coming more popular due to sentimental reasons.

Danny BMX

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 06:20 PM »
I get it lads and i only paid £20 so its all good. ;D

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 06:39 PM »
You don't see many that complete. I'm not convinced the banana wheels are harder to find than the earlier 5 spokes though.

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 08:25 PM »
One of my mates had one......we didnt ride with him much...!

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 08:50 PM »
When my mate came out on his it was great, fantastic even,,, as I didn't feel such a cnut for riding a Burner  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 08:55 PM »
I didn't feel such a cnut for riding a Burner  :LolLolLolLol:

Dont let Dave see that!!  ;D

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 09:15 PM »
Naa only kidding, I have a TAP amongst my lot, it's a nice bike.

matsoki

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 11:21 AM »
My mate had one BITD....

It was stolen form his shed......... but returned the next day.........

He thought it was because someone found out how upset he was.......

We all knew that it was returned because it was a shit bike.........  :2funny: :2funny:

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 10:25 PM »
Tight..... but funny....  :LolLolLolLol: :2funny: :LolLolLolLol: :2funny: :LolLolLolLol:
Facebook/Fr35Hair

ratty67vw

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 02:45 AM »
i wouldnt mind getting one of these for sentimental reasons . but they kinda make me sad when i see them . a mate Robert had a black and yellow one bitd.
 he was a few years younger than me and was one of those young lads that would always tag along behind you even if you didnt want him around followed us every where .
but one day he was out on his own and went flying down the road straight out in front of a transit van unfortunatly he didnt survive  :'( . he was only 12 .the first person i knew who had died. his favorite song at the time was paul hardcastles 19 . every time i hear it i think of him and how he never got to be 19 .
its funny how something like a bike or a song can take you straight back to those days when you were a kid .
 thanks for posting that link
 even if the memories are not the best its still good to remember old friends .

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 07:14 AM »
i wouldnt mind getting one of these for sentimental reasons . but they kinda make me sad when i see them . a mate Robert had a black and yellow one bitd.
 he was a few years younger than me and was one of those young lads that would always tag along behind you even if you didnt want him around followed us every where .
but one day he was out on his own and went flying down the road straight out in front of a transit van unfortunatly he didnt survive  :'( . he was only 12 .the first person i knew who had died. his favorite song at the time was paul hardcastles 19 . every time i hear it i think of him and how he never got to be 19 .
its funny how something like a bike or a song can take you straight back to those days when you were a kid .

Thats terrible, sorry to hear this. Hope you remember the good times too.

ratty67vw

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 03:19 AM »
yeah i remember the good times  :) (had a good childhood more good memories than bad)
 :)

Hootski70

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 09:04 PM »
Built just down the road from where  me and Spen were dragged up . Got a set of these of the bay for the same money . Got a F+F and most of the other bits to build it up now as well , just need to see my physio in preparation first . ;D

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 03:47 PM »

That was a sad day indeed John and such a nice kid he was too.  :(

ratty67vw

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 12:43 AM »

That was a sad day indeed John and such a nice kid he was too.  :(

yeah jim it was a sad day alright . :(
 the little lad didnt have much luck with the pirrana . the bike got run over  in the car park down the wreck months before the accident we all laughed because even though a car had driven over it nothing got damaged  :) then it got stolen from him by a lad off the courts  something gibson i think . we found it on the roof of one of the garages and gave it back to him
maybe it would have been better if we had never found it  :( . as i said these bikes bring back alot of memories for me .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  how much are these wheels worth

gfxgfx
gfx gfx