gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  what Diamond Back bars are these?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: what Diamond Back bars are these?  (Read 407 times)

mileyboy

what Diamond Back bars are these?
« on: October 03, 2012, 10:19 PM »

Got them on a hutch I sorted for a mate-they'll be going on the bay unless someone here want them :)

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
Re: what Diamond Back bars are these?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Are they cruiser bars...?!  ??? They look horrible!

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 10:47 PM »
Whoa tiger, those are 1982-85ish DB Expert bars. Also known as medium oversize DB bars they were stock on loads of mid to higher spec DBs back then.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:00 PM by Spen69 »
Still limping......

mileyboy

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 06:21 AM »
Thanks Spen!

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 08:03 AM »
Those don't look like Medium Oversize bars to me (might be just the angle though), either 'Small' or 'Medium' (I suspect small looking at the rise height), see here (I just haven't updated the measurement of the 'Small') - http://www.os-db.net/content.php?363-Handlebars-all

If they are 'Small', they were devevelopment for the DB Pro 'Mini' which was available from 1981 through early '83  :daumenhoch:
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Sparky you are the font of DB knowledge and of course I accept I am often wrong mate!

The most important thing is they are stamped, original chrome, full chromo bars from BITD and therefore should not be chucked in the bin! To determine exactly what they are then the measuremets on the DB site will help tell you exactly what they are. Give them a little clean and ask the helpful folks on here for a guide price and get them soldnor traded as someone will be looking for a set of these bars I bet you.
Still limping......

ozone

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 10:57 AM »

Got them on a hutch I sorted for a mate-they'll be going on the bay unless someone here want them :)

Did Stevie Wonder lay your vinyl floor tiles?  Sorry, my OCD got the better of me.   :-[

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 12:43 PM »
Sparky you are the font of DB knowledge and of course I accept I am often wrong mate!

The most important thing is they are stamped, original chrome, full chromo bars from BITD and therefore should not be chucked in the bin! To determine exactly what they are then the measuremets on the DB site will help tell you exactly what they are. Give them a little clean and ask the helpful folks on here for a guide price and get them soldnor traded as someone will be looking for a set of these bars I bet you.

Sorry Spen, hope I didn't come across like a right tw@t, as soon as I noticed a DB thread I started to bang the keyboard with excitement. :LolLolLolLol:

If they are small bars, I think I've only ever seen 4 sets in over 6 years so a nice find.  :daumenhoch:
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

mileyboy

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 12:47 PM »
I'm just measuring them now-26 inches wide and the rise on the crossbar (measuring middle to middle) is 5 1/2 inches so gueesing they are mini's

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 12:50 PM »
I'm just measuring them now-26 inches wide and the rise on the crossbar (measuring middle to middle) is 5 1/2 inches so gueesing they are mini's

Them look like my measurements I have for Mini/Small.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 01:58 PM »
Sparky, not taken in any way at all mate. I hat wanted to make sure they didn't get chucked in the bin as well!

Hope that someone needs them then  :4_17_5:
Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  what Diamond Back bars are these?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx