gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 09:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  30th Anniversary Gen 1
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Gen 1  (Read 5719 times)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: 30th Anniversary Gen 1
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2012, 09:42 AM »
Yep, Dave is bang on and they are perfectly reasonable if you want something special.

Just didn't have the cash and by the time you get Jimmy Saville'd by customs that's getting on for an £800 ornament..... And that would take my missus over the edge. :knuppel2: :-\
Still limping......

SaMAlex

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2012, 09:49 AM »

S&M re issued the mk1 Holmes in 09 and the frame/fork kits were about £350 (even less in the states) and you got a free seat post

Now Im wishing Id got one of the Mk1 Holmes re-issues.  :-[

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2012, 10:06 AM »

I like to dress up as a Panda & take my missus over the edge.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2012, 10:22 AM »
I was never into freestyle when I was a kid so Haro's not my thing, however I can appreciate the Iconic value this F&F represents but not the monitory  :-\

Everyone has to make a profit, its what makes the world go round  :daumenhoch: But granted not very fast at the moment  :'(

If I was into Haro I think I'd rather spend a few extra quid and get the 80's version  :4_17_5:

I understand that numbers of these F&F are limited but there’s always someone willing to sell  :coolsmiley:

At the end of the day everyone is entitled to an opinion and people should be able to take the rough with the smooth  :-*

I like most 100% buy into the concept of brand loyalty cars, clothes, bikes, food  :smitten: but I don’t see this as the case here  :'(
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2012, 10:27 AM »
I was never into freestyle when I was a kid so Haro's not my thing, however I can appreciate the Iconic value this F&F represents but not the monitory  :-\

Everyone has to make a profit, its what makes the world go round  :daumenhoch: But granted not very fast at the moment  :'(

If I was into Haro I think I'd rather spend a few extra quid and get the 80's version  :4_17_5:

I understand that numbers of these F&F are limited but there’s always someone willing to sell  :coolsmiley:

At the end of the day everyone is entitled to an opinion and people should be able to take the rough with the smooth  :-*

I like most 100% buy into the concept of brand loyalty cars, clothes, bikes, food  :smitten: but I don’t see this as the case here  :'(

Watch what you're saying Pete, its a Haro...!  ;D

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2012, 10:30 AM »
lol  :angel:

People say the same about SE and Bob use to ride for them  :daumenhoch:

There just bike brands at the end of the day  :daumenhoch:

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2012, 10:42 AM »
personally I think Haro could have sold these for more, they'd have all gone even at $1500. They are about the same price as the cosmic chrome CW'S and they flew out. !.  buy one now and it'll be worth how much in 5 years ?....if SE made a limited run of the str prototype and sold them for 2000 they'd be gone in a flash and i'd be all over one.
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2012, 10:45 AM »
if SE made a limited run of the str prototype and sold them for 2000 they'd be gone in a flash and i'd be all over one.

:daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2012, 11:19 AM »
personally I think Haro could have sold these for more, they'd have all gone even at $1500. They are about the same price as the cosmic chrome CW'S and they flew out. !.  buy one now and it'll be worth how much in 5 years ?....if SE made a limited run of the str prototype and sold them for 2000 they'd be gone in a flash and i'd be all over one.

Just the one Ash....  :D

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2012, 01:40 PM »
A panda eh Rich? :knuppel2: :knuppel2:
 :LolLolLolLol:
Still limping......

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2012, 07:16 PM »

S&M re issued the mk1 Holmes in 09 and the frame/fork kits were about £350 (even less in the states) and you got a free seat post

Now Im wishing Id got one of the Mk1 Holmes re-issues.  :-[

Me too Alex, i thought they were expensive at the time  ;D

2 minutes turkish...

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2012, 07:24 PM »

Just the one Ash....  :D

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Just hope if they ever do make them they're not valued the same as Jeff's  :'( :'(
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2012, 10:54 PM »

darksunday

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2012, 01:25 PM »
that actually looks decent,

I quite like it.

rad_pitt

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2012, 01:58 PM »

I quite like it.

:shocked:

You've chaged, Joe, you've changed - you gave one of my favourite posts on this forum in response to a 2009 retro Haro Freestyler. Still makes me wince how cutting it was  :LolLolLolLol:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=135786.0

Welcome back mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2012, 02:15 PM »

I quite like it.

:shocked:

You've chaged, Joe, you've changed - you gave one of my favourite posts on this forum in response to a 2009 retro Haro Freestyler. Still makes me wince how cutting it was  :LolLolLolLol:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=135786.0

Welcome back mate  :daumenhoch:
welcome,

apparently they ride better if you use a hacksaw and cut the headtube off, its a quick and easy mod :daumenhoch:

And you'd be happy to offer your services   :LolLolLolLol:

i'd hang it on the wall,,,,best place for it :LolLolLolLol:

ok, for the "be nice" squad i'll make an attempt to be positive....

mate,matey,bro,etc,

long time ago a man called bob started a bmx company and all was rad, he sold the company,lock stock the whiole fooking lot kit and caboodle to a large corporate organization and all was a little less rad,
after a time the bmx riders realised that the owners of the said corporation were not interested in bmx at all and just wanted porsches and cocaine and patek phillipe watches,
the bmx riders stopped buying the corporate bmx bikes,
haro and its shareholders fell on hard times,
there wasnt a line to be had and the petty cash wouldnt even stretch to a hand shandy,

some corporate bright spark noticed that the now "old" bmxers that used to buy there bikes and grown old and fat and most importantly rather rich,
and he noticed they had a fondness for trying to buy back there youth,

so mr corporate bright spark digs up old bobs designs and had some stickers made,
he then set out to "design" a new frame that looked just like old bobs,
whilst sipping his mocha skinny latte he made a list of priorities, first the frame had to be cheap,then it had to be weak and lastly it had to be as heavy as possible,
he made a few calls and recieved a catalogue of generic frames and picked one,
then he had another latte,

in his corporate fook witted-ness b-spark-boy had failed to notice that although the "old bmxers" were fat and old and rich......they werent completely stupid,

mr corp-bright-spark soon got the sack from his corporate un-bmx loving coke charged bosses,

a few years later and after all mr brightsparks old bob bikes have been sold on, and sold on, and sold on,

and now youre here, and everyone is sugar coating the truth for you.

if you want  a new bike that looks like old bobs,

build it yourself, we'll gladly help you.

But pretty much bang on I would say  :LolLolLolLol:
BANNED

SaMAlex

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2012, 02:15 PM »
Hahaha. Proof that DSD Rules. Both from the positive comments on the "good" repro frame just come out, and from the "truth" about bad attempts that have happened before.  :daumenhoch:

darksunday

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2012, 03:04 PM »
Hahaha. Proof that DSD Rules. Both from the positive comments on the "good" repro frame just come out, and from the "truth" about bad attempts that have happened before.  :daumenhoch:

"I’m a bit ashamed to say that Haro had little to do with the success of the 2009 Demo and all of the exposure that it received. It was a bit of a wake up call albeit a slow one for the company. We completely underestimated size and importance of the collector market as well as the undercurrent of love for this brand, and its creator Bob Haro"

I got shot to fooking pieces for slagging those first versions off mate,

but honestly, if c@nt's like me hadn't spent time kicking them up the arse for under valuing what they had would this decent one ever have been made?

would they have realized quite how large,loyal and demanding their target market was?

can someone answer that?

darksunday

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2012, 03:24 PM »
"darksunday, when we started this repro before you ripped the arse out of us and it stung because we we thought we were doing the right thing,
and even though you got a bit "pointy" with the truth we had to listen and we scrapped that abortive project until the corporates at HARDO were smart enough to cotton on to how lucrative and high profile a history project like this could be for the company profit margins,
so, even though you're a mouthy c@nt sometimes what you inadvertently did was prevent us from making a complete fook up the first time,
this time the cash pot for the project was bigger, so we've made another attempt at it and followed your harsh as fook words, we've made the frame high quality and a fitting replica of the original, we've put in the time and effort this time to pay tribute to what is a bmx legend,

we even managed enough cash to pay bob to turn up and handle it for the bmx media at a bash were all the fat noo-noos got pissed up and even fatter,

you weren't invited though because even though you're smarter than us,

you're still a no-one"

hi Dom,

no probs mate,

I just say what I see,

some folk listen,

some folk don't.

thats the way of the world,

nice frame there btw, well done :daumenhoch:

you fat c@nts.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:29 PM by darksunday »

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2012, 04:38 PM »
 ;D

darksunday

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2012, 09:04 PM »
thats a pretty deafening silence eh? :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2012, 10:00 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2012, 08:31 PM »

Pukka Dom well done, btw I asked VW why there golf is so expensive, they told me to Fook off

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2012, 08:46 PM »
I think Dom deserves a bit of credit getting the Gen 1 re mastered regardless of cost, is £600 a big ask in today's world, when folks pay £400 - £500 for a used ripper?

I think there has been a fair amount of work that has gone into research for not only the frame and forks but for the DVD that comes with it, as well as the display box, and of course the production of the frame itself. And yes I'm sure there is some profit in it, but it's not gunna be sold at cost or at a loss either.

I'm sure the package will be awesome, full of past memories and events, that surely us 'old schoolers' will appreciate.

Like the aged old saying, if ya don't like it, don't buy it, nobody's forcing you, if its not your cup of tea, then fair cup.

As said, credit to you Dom, I have had the pleasure of seeing the frame and I personally love it, along with listening to the two years of planning and research

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2012, 09:14 PM »
Just sat and read the thread start to finish.

A very cool project. One to be proud of by the looks of it. As for the price - it doesn't seem dear at all for what it is as a package.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  30th Anniversary Gen 1

gfxgfx
gfx gfx