gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 10:02 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Counterfitt parts? ** cranks now fitted pics aadded**
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Counterfitt parts? ** cranks now fitted pics aadded**  (Read 4448 times)

Sink

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:48 PM by Sink »

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Counterfitt parts?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 09:41 PM »
They look exactly the same as the prolite ones they had before, same price too, so I'd imagine they are the same but branded differently.

I've got the prolites, they're great for the money, nice welds, tough paint, decent bolts etc.

worth a punt I reckon.

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:49 PM »
I bought a set like that but they were branded 'radio' poor quality cheap bolts. The axle was good but the arms needed serious force to get on. The bb cones were badly moulded plastic

Is ask the seller a lot of questions first

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 09:50 PM »
BMX CITY'S own brand i believe , they used to be Prolite before that i think? ,    good parts for the money  :daumenhoch: , you can pay more than that for a bb on its own  like everything else you get what you pay for, all the counterfitt stuff seems to be good value though

as jay says ask em first they're a friendly bunch at the shop

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 09:51 PM »
I agree.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Sink

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 10:05 PM »
Cheers fellas, I would love to buy top notch, but I have to watch the ££, I have most parts to build up my WTP Vurses, but don't want to have to rob the cranks off my KHE. Nice to have 2 bikes complete as a friend rides MTB and keeps saying he wants a bmx, so he can ride the parks with me instead of waiting his turn on my bike :LolLolLolLol:

I will send a few questions to the shop see what they say :daumenhoch:

m1ke

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 10:52 AM »
great bunch at bmx city been buying off em for years and never had any bother at all, im sure 90% of 3pc cranks are made in the same place and rebranded  :LolLolLolLol:

Mdbh

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 02:31 PM »
I'd wait for some secondhand profiles to come up they won't cost much more and those look like cheap sh1t!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 02:34 PM »
never had a problem with any BMX City Prolite parts in my time.........I guess for the cashual rider they will do the job, after all they are £30 posted......you can't expect Profile quality for that.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 03:06 PM »
never had a problem with any BMX City Prolite parts in my time.........I guess for the cashual rider they will do the job, after all they are £30 posted......you can't expect Profile quality for that.

What he said  ::) but with bells on  :daumenhoch:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Sink

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 03:47 PM »
I'm a cheapskate Cnut.. :LolLolLolLol:
Just got those cranks, a used stolen 25t sprocket and a new chain all for under £45 ^"^
The parts are building up nicely, now just need pedals, stem and rear brake and lever :4_17_5:

I guess time will tell on the quality of the cranks, but if you no try you never know :LolLolLolLol:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 11:40 PM »
Seems a real bargain for the money! And that includes the bearings as well? Do they sell other colours? I would look myself but im using the web on my phone so it takes a while lol

nosepickben

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 06:04 AM »
They are fine. I have a  set on my pub hack. Better than profiles in my opinion,. Decent materials and machining

Sink

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 12:19 PM »
Seems a real bargain for the money! And that includes the bearings as well? Do they sell other colours? I would look myself but im using the web on my phone so it takes a while lol

Just black it seems, comes with BB  :daumenhoch:

They are fine. I have a  set on my pub hack. Better than profiles in my opinion,. Decent materials and machining

Nice to hear  :daumenhoch:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 08:48 PM »
Definitely worth the money it seems!

Mdbh

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 09:04 PM »
What do you want them for? Are you a hard rider? I personally wouldn't use anything else, but that is my personal opinion  :daumenhoch:

Sink

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 11:02 AM »
What do you want them for? Are you a hard rider? I personally wouldn't use anything else, but that is my personal opinion  :daumenhoch:

Going on the WTP, I'm not a hard rider, some ramp and street, but not 25 stair sets or 10ft rail grinds, I'm lucky if i can jump a pebble :2funny:

Mdbh

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 12:33 PM »

Going on the WTP, I'm not a hard rider, some ramp and street, but not 25 stair sets or 10ft rail grinds, I'm lucky if i can jump a pebble :2funny:
for the money there perfect then!

Sink

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 01:47 PM »
I just recieved these this morning, look good enough quality, the welds are all tidy and paint looks good :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 01:57 PM »
Get them fitted then fella!! What you waiting for  :daumenhoch:

Sink

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 02:39 PM »
Get them fitted then fella!! What you waiting for  :daumenhoch:

25t Sprocket and chain  :LolLolLolLol: Cranks are here at work, frame is tucked up in the warm house :LolLolLolLol:

darksunday

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 03:23 PM »
looks to me like one of the big taiwanese parts churners cottoned on to the fact that alot of their stock was becoming obsolete and offer someone a deal at a trade show,

Sink

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 03:38 PM »
looks to me like one of the big taiwanese parts churners cottoned on to the fact that alot of their stock was becoming obsolete and offer someone a deal at a trade show,

:daumenhoch: If it keeps the price down It's all good with me  :4_17_5:

Sink

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 09:46 PM »
All built up ready for a test run tomorrow, showing the cranks. Bit chunky and feel a bit weighty but look just the job :daumenhoch:

darksunday

Re: Counterfitt parts? ** cranks now fitted pics aadded**
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 02:35 PM »
they're actually ok cranks for what they cost, generic clamp on 3-piece, might be worth taking the right sized allen keys out with you in casde they work loose when they're new, keep an eye on the bearings too,

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Counterfitt parts? ** cranks now fitted pics aadded**

gfxgfx
gfx gfx