gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 04:10 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  You lot on here better not turn up at Newbury skatepark!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: You lot on here better not turn up at Newbury skatepark!!!!  (Read 1433 times)

part time

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/2012/paramedics-locked-out-of-park-as-boy-is-left-with-broken-ankle

“We thought we were leaving Jake in an area for young people. The person who ran our son over was well over twenty. There should also be an age limit at the skatepark.

“We would like to suggest that the skatepark should be for skaters and scooters only, and not used for bicycles.

Not defending anyone running over this lad and leaving him of course, but seriously?

SaMAlex

Re: You lot on here better not turn up at Newbury skatepark!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 09:50 AM »
I would not leave my son at a skatepark and hope he'd be OK.

(Partly cos I'd want to ride the park with him  ;))

weston matt

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:56 AM »
It's disgracefull that the lad was left with a busted ankle and the cyclist rode off, but tbh he's prob only a teenager ( they look older) and he shit himself.
More worrying is the fact that some wazzock at the council thinks it's a good idea to lock people inside.  :idiot2:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:32 AM by weston matt »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 09:58 AM »
Shocking! But why can't the lad start school? Lost count of how many times i went to school on crutches.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 10:36 AM »
The ol' blame everyone else routine.... FFS
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 10:41 AM »
if he was on a scooter then the cyclist did him a favour  :daumenhoch: IMO  :angel:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:00 AM by ED209 »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

ozone

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 10:41 AM »
I wonder what they'll do with the money that they are hoping to score from this?  Going to the press has to help them get a bigger payout.   :(

weston matt

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 10:49 AM »
I wonder what they'll do with the money that they are hoping to score from this?  Going to the press has to help them get a bigger payout.   :(

Buy some better cushions for that sofa hopefully, and maybe a picture or two as the wall looks pretty boring. ;)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 11:03 AM »
i'm sure the fat kid got in the way by not paying attention to park rules - they seemed to loose the ability to work out that the bigger faster better kid will always have top spot there  ::)

did they know it was broken or just injured ?

if they want to get rid of the big kids - why not just take there kids to the playground  :crazy2:

i'm not on the side of the rider, but have seen all this before - when i was younger we stood out the way till they let us have a go ~ respect - now they just don't care and get in the way  ::)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

SaMAlex

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 11:15 AM »
if they want to get rid of the big kids - why not just take there kids to the playground  :crazy2:

There is a really good playpark RIGHT next to the skatepark at Newbury.

griff

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 12:54 PM »
Let's go  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 01:03 PM »
 :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: The gormless little fookers are no different when you go skiing. They sit on their arses in baggy pants and snowboard in the middle of the pistes and get in the way. Kid ought to think himself lucky it wasnt a mid school tank that hit him  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

I have a  :2gunsfiring_v1: teenage daughter in that derp :knuppel2: category and 2 other daughters entering early teen attitudes.  :knuppel2: :knuppel2:
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Mdbh

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 02:36 PM »

I see this all the time, (young) as in under 12 kids getting in the way and bmxers/skate boarders just shouting and swearing at them? Has anybody thought about pulling them to 1 side and having a word with them rather then shouting "get out the fcuking way "etc they are just kids and don't under stand,if I'm honest they don't bother me we are all there for fun:)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 03:20 PM »
Kids are taught not to play in the road/traffic - so why step in front of a fast big heavy bmx  ::)

they just don't learn anymore  :crazy2:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 04:18 PM »
Just to clarify;   I assume the skatepark wasn't locked - the vehicle access was. Completely normal in every park I've worked in. Signage should have been in place to inform people of what to do in am emergency. This won't have been the first time an ambulance would have been called there.

Also, isn't Newbury the one that banned scooters?

griff

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 05:37 PM »

I think you're right there Rob

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 05:56 PM »
2 lads carried him to a picnic bench, Probably because they wanted to carry on riding and he was in the way.

stevenmc

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 07:40 PM »
whit a load o old pish,fookin weans wrapped up in cotton wool all over the place these days,its only a broken ankle,my 10 and 12 year old lads have raced moto-x for the last 4 years,broken bones,concussion,battered and bruised,all in days fun, :LolLolLolLol:
p.s,they have had a few near misses on thier scooters at e.k park  :crazy2: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 10:14 PM »

I see this all the time, (young) as in under 12 kids getting in the way and bmxers/skate boarders just shouting and swearing at them? Has anybody thought about pulling them to 1 side and having a word with them rather then shouting "get out the fcuking way "etc they are just kids and don't under stand,if I'm honest they don't bother me we are all there for fun:)

olly we have been saying to them nicely to "watch out and move back or your going to get hit" for years (inliners in the 90's too) its got to the point you get so pissed off with them that you just end up swearing at them or just carry on doing your trick and if there in the way and get hit after you have told them, well then its their own fault

remember when u first started riding, if someone told you to get out the way, you got out the way!!!

even on sunday when we were riding the hip, me and shane kept telling them to move out the way as drainer was gonna end up hitting them, they didnt listen and just dropped in and rode whilst drainer was still riding the hip, they just dont listen!!!!

Mdbh

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 10:31 PM »
Kev they were 7ish years old mate how can you expect them to under stand?

part time

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 07:22 AM »

I think you're right there Rob

Yeah, we had the scooter ban, well to begin with anyway.  Not sure about now, i'm not a regular user of the park really but everytime I do go past it seems to be crawling with the bloody things.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Kev they were 7ish years old mate how can you expect them to under stand?

i know what your saying but they are seven and im sure you like me knew the dangers of crossing the road at that age so why dont they realise the danger of what they are doing in the skatepark

just because they are seven dosent mean they cant listen and understand to what your saying, they just dont listen/care but if they get hit or taken out by a bike/skateboarder then they soon learn, just like when you were a kid and your mum says the fire is burnies, you only touch it once and you learn your lesson!!!!

SaMAlex

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 11:06 AM »
I just found this pic that someone sent me a while ago.
Kinda apt on this thread

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 11:15 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol: maybe we need an old gits Rad meeting there  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 11:17 AM »
maybe we need an old gits Rad meeting there

Ive had a few already. 4 of us all over 30, there before 7am when the parks nice and empty. Its a fun park.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  You lot on here better not turn up at Newbury skatepark!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx