gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 09:43 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  help removing flakey chrome before getting powder coated ???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: help removing flakey chrome before getting powder coated ???  (Read 835 times)

dj-paul-c

help removing flakey chrome before getting powder coated ???
« on: September 28, 2012, 09:38 PM »
ive got an old chrome frame but the chrome is bad in a few places and flaking off
ive rubbed with light sandpaper but results not that great
ive scraped with stanley blade which seemed a little better

any ideas about how to get this off or even strip whole frame off the chrome as i feel i need to make good before i get powdercoated

i seen a soda-blast company near me that looked good but not sure if that will do the trick
http://www.sodablastscotland.com/about-us/

click on the blasting a can of coke to see the video
looks good

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: help removing flakey chrome before getting powder coated ???
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 09:41 PM »
you need to take it to a chromers and have them reverse the electroplating process .. pain i know  :buck2:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 12:01 AM »
i took a similar state frame to the coaters today and the bloke seemed pretty confident that their blasting process would see it off. He did also mention the reverse chroming option but the price for that was not far off £100 :(

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 12:05 AM »
i took a similar state frame to the coaters today and the bloke seemed pretty confident that their blasting process would see it off. He did also mention the reverse chroming option but the price for that was not far off £100 :(

Holy crap £100 to remove the chrome?  My chromers charged me £10 last time I had the chrome removed.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  help removing flakey chrome before getting powder coated ???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx