gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 11:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Leigh on Sea, pics anyone?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Leigh on Sea, pics anyone?  (Read 1186 times)

Bren Gunn

Leigh on Sea, pics anyone?
« on: July 09, 2006, 11:49 AM »
Does any one have pics of Leigh on Sea skate park...   went in the early 90s with a few mates, remember it being quality and having this massive half pipe, but don't have any pics.

Cheers,
Bren :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Leigh on Sea, pics anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 12:06 PM »
i rode lee in the late 90s massive half pipe loads of ramps bowls and the smelly tip
next door .pot noddles always kept up me energy .i would like to see what it lookes like now.dan

bsdforever

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 12:21 PM »
i have a lot of video from around '91-'93 with zach shaw, jerry galley, shaun scarfe and many more, i'll try and get some posted up later this week

theRuler

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 02:06 PM »
i have a video cassette (the last resort) with plenty of leigh on sea action

but i dont have a way to get it to dvd. yet.

i need to sort this - i have tons of video cassettes

Bren Gunn

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 05:10 PM »
Cool  :daumenhoch:

DR VINOAH

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 06:01 PM »
i used to paint there

with "busker"  "react"  "brave one"  "kline"

back in the late 90,s :daumenhoch:

ruler get them vids sorted sharpish :daumenhoch:

theRuler

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 06:09 PM »
i will i will.

i have a wicked dirt bros vid from late 80's early 90's too

DR VINOAH

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 06:13 PM »
ace  :4_17_5:

WizardWeb

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Everytime I visit the recycle centre, I look at the empty yard next door and get annoyed at the council for saying they'd rebuild it, but never did.  >:(

Supposedly there was going to be a 'design a skatepark competition' in the Evening Echo, but I've no idea if that happened or not. Either way, only the rats are having fun in there now.  :'(

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 07:06 PM »
I can tell you what happened........

The two brothers who ran the place after Graham the hairdresser gave it up  didn't keep their side of the bargain up with the council and consequently were forced to shut it down on the grounds of safety/insurance problems. The story is a long one, which I'll save you the pain of....

I'll take this moment to say Rest In Peace to the older of the two lads who sadly passed away suddenly in the late 90s....

The venue is now in the hands of another council department who intends to use the site as a youth project. It will have some form of ramps/park there, but not on the scale of the old park  (shame).

Expect to see something on that site in the next two years or so.

I have some photos of me riding that big vert ramp a few years back, and 360ing the volcano in the middle of that 4ft mini complex they had there. If only i knew how to scan stuff.......

Anyone on here got 'Angus'?  One of my favourite vids, its got a good Leigh on sea section featuring Sir Gerry of Galley doing a load of fakie variations   8)

WizardWeb

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 07:59 PM »
Two years? That's about right for Southend council. Let's hope it's better than the ramps in Chalkwell park.

Anyone tried riding the ramps at King Georges Park Rayleigh? I've thought about pedalling over there, but I just know it'll be covered in chavs.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 08:03 PM »
I've been warned its going to be a slow process, for many reasons...  but something will happen.  If I'm involved  (thats another long story) as I hope to be, you can rest assured the ramps will be rideable at least   :daumenhoch:

Wizard, do you ride at Rom at all?  Don't recall ever meeting you over there.  Come on down   :)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 08:27 PM »
i rode leigh on sea quite a bit in the 90`s and good laugh was had ,nightmare when damp as the ramp were a nightmare . i  got a few pics somewhere
no1stuntmaster on instagram

WizardWeb

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 08:31 PM »
Haven't been to Rom yet but I'm planning to soon.  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Leigh on Sea, pics anyone?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx