gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 03:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  AND THE PRICES JUST KEEP GETTING HIGHER AND HIGHER
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AND THE PRICES JUST KEEP GETTING HIGHER AND HIGHER  (Read 4165 times)

leehunt1

Re: AND THE PRICES JUST KEEP GETTING HIGHER AND HIGHER
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 10:56 PM »
And I sell on ebay not rad so your comment is a little pointless..?

griff

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 11:09 PM »
Glad I didn't have to pay £80 for my win bars  :daumenhoch:

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 11:10 PM »
I think his comment is spot on, you are part of the problem, there's nothing wrong with making a bit of a profit say a tenner on the bars..but to put them straight back on ebay for £80 thats just fookin extortion and the reason why many people are giving up building

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 11:26 PM »
I'm just glad I picked up an awesome set of uber rare SR stamped bars from a great Rad member that will sit proudly on my Torker for the rest of their days, and at a fraction of the cost of some pants old Win bars that are 2 to a penny.

:smitten:
BANNED

deeman

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 02:52 PM »
And I sell on ebay not rad so your comment is a little pointless..?

Where you sell your stuff is pretty irrelevant to my comment.Out of interest,do you own any bikes yourself?

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 04:08 PM »
I'm just glad I picked up an awesome set of uber rare SR stamped bars from a great Rad member that will sit proudly on my Torker for the rest of their days, and at a fraction of the cost of some pants old Win bars that are 2 to a penny.

Win bars are not pants you fartknocker!  :D

Offline Gizmo

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 04:35 PM »
There is alott of greed  & money making for sure in the bmx scene,
Like any hobby , spose ... Fook it I've made a few bob on a couple of things but 90% I break
Even or even lose  :LolLolLolLol:
But to blatantly make money like that , you have no morals for the hobby ( my opinion for what it is )
I've give something to somebody even paid the postage &  saw it for sale on eBay at a later date  :-\

What was this post about anyways a head set  :LolLolLolLol:

leehunt1

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 05:18 PM »
It would only be extortion if i were forcing people to buy things from me
and in answer to other question I'm slowly trying to build a Mongoose cali to ride round the village on next summer :LolLolLolLol:

stevenmc

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2012, 07:25 PM »
if  a seller puts a price on his item ,someone buys it and is happy at that price,wether its high or low,then thats down to the parties involved,if it s on rad,ebay gumtree,doesnt matter a fook.there are alot of  sound guys on here,but dont give it the "we are all mates on here ,one big happy bmx family"pish,theres just as many on here would try and screw you over as there is would do you a good turn,pity really,but thats life,, :rant:

scary_leary

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2012, 07:48 PM »
There’s truth in that,
But just to log on cherry pick and flip it without offering anything else to the site is a little shitty.
Then bragging about it is even shittier.

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2012, 07:49 PM »
,theres just as many on here would try and screw you over as there is would do you a good turn,pity really,

Says the member of 11 months and 30 posts  ::)
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2012, 07:50 PM »
IMO , if you buy from rad, try and sell it back through rad without taking the p!ss
If you buy from the bay then sell it where the fook you want for what you want! If someone's willing to pay what you ask then they obviously feel its fair?

Most people on here don't take the p!ss because you might need a good turn one day yourself :daumenhoch:

On that note.... Someone buy my gt for fooksake :LolLolLolLol:

griff

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2012, 07:53 PM »
if  a seller puts a price on his item ,someone buys it and is happy at that price,wether its high or low,then thats down to the parties involved,if it s on rad,ebay gumtree,doesnt matter a fook.there are alot of  sound guys on here,but dont give it the "we are all mates on here ,one big happy bmx family"pish,theres just as many on here would try and screw you over as there is would do you a good turn,pity really,but thats life,, :rant:

Agree if both parties are happy then fair enough, but within Rad? Blatant profiteering tends to get frowned upon

There are plenty of people on here that I would class as mates, I've been helped out lots of times and I try to do the same when I can
You'll probably discover this soon as you use the site more, but then your comments seem a little bitter and jaded for someone with such a low post count... Have you been on here in a previous life?

leehunt1

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 08:05 PM »
at last..! someone speaks some sense
thankyou pkrippertime ;D

stevenmc

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2012, 09:18 PM »
,theres just as many on here would try and screw you over as there is would do you a good turn,pity really,

sorry,didnt realise i had to have a certain amount of posts or been on the site for a certian time to comment,im telling you as i see it,IMHO,if you like  :P

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2012, 09:40 PM »
Not sticking up for anyone but if peeps are willing to pay big money then let em, rack em up n see how they fall. If it was something ya wanted then either buy it at original price or bide your time til another more suitably priced object comes along. Peeps can charge what they want imo I just cringe n move on n feel the satisfaction of getting reasonably priced objects most gratifying

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2012, 10:18 PM »

sorry,didnt realise i had to have a certain amount of posts or been on the site for a certian time to comment,im telling you as i see it,IMHO,if you like  :P

You don't mate  ::)  but you said there's just as many on here who would screw you over as there is that would do you a good turn .  In my experience on here i have had far more 'good turns' than members screwing me over , infact i can't recall a fellow member screwing me over tbh  :-\  You obviously see things different to me and your more than entitled to your opinion just as i am to mine  ;).  Maybe if you did contribute more to the site and it's members you would get more out of it .
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

The Burner King

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2012, 10:21 PM »
IMO if people just buy on here to sell stuff on ebay at a big profit, that's just plain wrong. There has been people on here doing that, and have even asked the seller of the stuff on here for the item cheaper than they were asking and then selling it at a mass profit on ebay a week later.  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2012, 10:29 PM »
I agree with Joff on that. You are entitled to your opinion pkrippertime but expressing an opinion that suggests you have vast empirical knowledge is crass.  :idiot2:

stevenmc

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2012, 10:35 PM »
empirical knowledge :LolLolLolLol::,its a forum,for opinions,comments and the like,and i gave mine,end of

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2012, 10:36 PM »
BANNED

stevenmc

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Not sticking up for anyone but if peeps are willing to pay big money then let em, rack em up n see how they fall. If it was something ya wanted then either buy it at original price or bide your time til another more suitably priced object comes along. Peeps can charge what they want imo I just cringe n move on n feel the satisfaction of getting reasonably priced objects most gratifying
very well said :daumenhoch:

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2012, 10:40 PM »
I agree with Joff on that. You are entitled to your opinion pkrippertime but expressing an opinion that suggests you have vast empirical knowledge is crass.  :idiot2:

X2

The members on here that are purely in it to make a profit don't tend to last too long as people soon realise who they can trust.

And when you've already tried to screw over one Rad member, things get more difficult...
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2012, 10:41 PM »
empirical knowledge :LolLolLolLol::,its a forum,for opinions,comments and the like,and i gave mine,end of

What???  Thats why I said empirical knowledge & not just an opinion.

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2012, 10:41 PM »
i dont think you can dumb down someones opinion because they have got a low post count :-\
but i dont like the cnuts that join to grab a deal then BLATENTLY sell for profit
any how
who gives a fook
no ones died
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  AND THE PRICES JUST KEEP GETTING HIGHER AND HIGHER

gfxgfx
gfx gfx