gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 10:51 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Nicole Kidman BMX BANDITS replica build!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nicole Kidman BMX BANDITS replica build!  (Read 21721 times)

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Nicole Kidman BMX BANDITS replica build!
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2012, 06:46 PM »
check here for your yellow tuff brake pads.....    :daumenhoch:

http://www.retrospectbmx.com/brakes.html
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2012, 06:54 PM »
whoops out of stock!    :-[

AusBMX

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2012, 12:13 AM »
Thanks merticulous, I checked there aleeady and they're out as you said. No matter, I've bought a cheap set of stand ins for the time being while I attempt to track them down. Does anyone have the goss on those centurion helmets, were they a common thing bitd or will it be hard to track one down?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 07:35 AM by AusBMX »

AusBMX

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2012, 07:35 AM »
I just recieved the "team cyle" brake-pads today in the post, and I'm actually a bit disappointed with the quality. But I guess that's what you should expect from Taiwanese parts. They'll do for riders, at least - untill my new tuffs turn up. I've been trying to hang off from posting pics until the bike is complete, but I guess another one won't kill me. Here she is at the moment, currently without chain and chain-guard. The fork stickers still need to be sourced, the chain-guard is still waiting to be anodized and I'm sorting out some OG Tuff II mags as well. So close, but still a long way to go. Enjoy!

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2012, 11:24 AM »
Nice...
Facebook/Fr35Hair

AusBMX

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2012, 11:22 PM »
Here's the OG Tuffs that'll eventually be replacing the new sealed bearing tuffs. They're not NOS like I set out for, but from what I've seen they're close to. Cheers Eugene! Obviously the rear will have to be  changed over to a free-wheel, so I'm looking into that. I'll post some pics once they've arrived. Lastly, I'll be after a set of NOS Mitsuboshi comp 3 tyres and presta tubes to finish her off!

AusBMX

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2012, 12:52 PM »
Tuffs arrived today, so I decided to give them a thorough good clean. I'm absolutely stoked with how the came up, really - much better than I could have expected. I stripped out the guts, then degreased both the hubs and wheels and left them to dry out. Once they dried out, I went over them with the Chux magic sponge to erase all but the most stubborn of stains. After hours of scrubbing I gave them both a couple coats of Mothers plastic/rubber restorer to bring out the original colour and eliminate that chalkyness you get with old Tuffs. After all that, I don't think I ever want to see another pair of Tuffs ever again! Now they're ready for Waza to work his magic on them.

retrogeezer

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2012, 11:58 AM »
Nice build, is that Supermax just a Scorpion frame with no gusset?

Adz

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2012, 08:49 PM »
sounds a brilliant build but are some of the pics  missing or is it just me

AusBMX

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2012, 02:31 AM »
I don't think so... perhaps. I will look into it.

Burt Bacharach!

Quick little update! The new, old Tuffs are back from Waza - who swapped the original steel hub flanges over to match the alloy hub flanges on Nicole’s SuperMaX. I am absolutely stoked with how they came up, there was a lot of time spent scrubbing on my part. You just can’t keep the bloody things clean, can you? I must have cleaned them four or so times before the end.  But I think you’ll all agree that the results were well worth the effort. They’re still not NOS mags but for a set of used 80’s Tuffs I’d be surprised to see a better set of yellow Tuffs that haven’t been blasted, sanded or dyed/painted. Big thanks to Eugene for hooking me up with these awesome Tuffs along with various other schwag for this build and also to Waza, who did an incredible job changing over the hubs! Thanks guys!

So that just leaves it down to anodizing the chain-guard, printing out the missing stickers and building her up. Also, in other news the OG 1983 movie poster came back from being framed up all pretty, and it looks awesome! Check it out. I can’t wait to hang it over the finished bike – should make for a cool display. What do you think?

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2012, 07:39 AM »
The framed  poster finishes the project of nicely  :4_17_5:

How did Waz change to flanges are they glued on ?  :) Good enough for a show build I know , because you won't be riding it

Wondering just incase he'd made some tooling for re -riveting  the super long rivets  :) he'd get loads of custom I'm sure  :)

AusBMX

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2012, 08:19 AM »
Nah, he's got an original rivet press. I could bunny hop the shiat outta those puppies!

retrogeezer

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2012, 01:53 PM »
They are the same frames, I did a bit of digging:

http://bmxsociety.com/topic/54364-lugged-bmx-frame-with-brass-rings/

AusBMX

« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2012, 01:36 AM »
Happy Holidays everyone!

Yes and then, no. The crown luggs on the Scorpians are different to the Australian Stars. If you're after a closer frame look up Kuwahara and Apollo.

It's been a while since I last updated the build and I'm sorry to say not much has changed. I did finally manage to "temporarily" fit Eugene's tuffs to the beast, as I'm having a bit of trouble squeezing them between the fork dropouts. I'll give it a better look over tomorrow arvo, to see what is to be done. Stickers are drawn up and ready to print, aside from the black and chrome standardized sticker. If anyone has either a scan or a new one let me know, cheers. Still have to have the guard plated and that's about it! The new year's resolution is to have her done to take out the January Bike of the Month award on OZBMX, lol!

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2012, 06:41 PM »
 8)  :coolsmiley:

Jaypeg

« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2012, 07:40 PM »
you have done yourself proud mate...looks awesome :daumenhoch:

AusBMX

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2013, 04:47 AM »
Hey guys,
No news on the bike front, I've been tinkering a bit with my P.K. so the Nicole special has been collecting dust. I'm still desperately searching for a Centurion 150 helmet in yellow, let me know if anyone can help me out there. I found most of these pics while searching google. The ebay seller who posted the pics f335-challenge is located in the UK and has a few bmx parts for sale, so I was hoping some-one here might recognize the username, or maybe he is a member. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Pioneer

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2013, 07:16 AM »
Lovely job so far champ  :coolsmiley:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2013, 08:40 AM »
love to cave nicoles back doors in....    :bondage:

and she can leave her hat on....   

dp and Chopper Dude

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2013, 09:54 AM »
Is this one any good?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-CENTURION-X-SC-YELLOW-CRASH-HELMET-70S-BOXED-MOPED-MOTORCYCLE-/110995761346?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Helmets&hash=item19d7dce8c2
The peak is different but you should be able to get the right decals knocked up to match.

AusBMX

« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2013, 10:58 AM »
Cheers Chop! It does look fairly similar but it's actually a whole lot different from the 150, but thanks.  :daumenhoch:

Pioneer

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2013, 11:30 AM »
love to cave nicoles back doors in....    :bondage:

and she can leave her hat on....   

You can have the back door and i will have the front door >:D

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2013, 12:46 PM »

Cool build - nice one  :daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

jim157

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2013, 05:50 PM »
Love this build.  I used to have one of those Centurion lids when I was a kid but in black.  They were manufactured down the road from me in Thetford, Norfolk; I believe the factory is still there.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2013, 06:04 PM »
Nice one Trent, love the detailing and the extra mile you're going with the lid etc. :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Nicole Kidman BMX BANDITS replica build!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx