gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 08:42 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  MY Hutch Stem auction,
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MY Hutch Stem auction,  (Read 1584 times)

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
MY Hutch Stem auction,
« on: September 05, 2005, 07:14 PM »
My Hutch Stem ended yesterday and to avoid any problems, could anyone confirm if this one looks genuine.

The bike it came off , came from parts built up in the early 90's and i met and chatted to the original owner which helps me feel like its a genuine one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5234826869&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1

Now for the bad part, a few people have emailed the bidders on my auction and mentioned it looks wrong and are maybe trying to buy it for themselves at a knock-down price ?

I dont do bad deals as this is too smaller community to muck around in and i like to sleep at night.

Ideally any Hutch fans out there could both value the stem for me and try and help ensure its a genuine one it would help us hugely.

I'm gonna give the winning bidder all the time we need to guarantee is a good stem, and until then its obviously on hold.

Thanks for looking and reading.

:)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: MY Hutch Stem auction,
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 08:22 PM »
it looks really to me .the only repro one i knew about were raw not black also not sure how many made but not that many also i only know of two people in uk who have the repro`s but who know s now .
also hutch stems are worth what some one want`s to pay ,i myself need one but not in the mood for paying big buck`s for one at mo .
who did the bike come from send me a pm about it   
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 09:18 PM »
The repro's have only been about for about a year and i'm sure they were the old H not the western one? With all the repro paranoia about now it's to be expected i guess maybe you should ask the buyer for the peoples names to talk to them and find out what they mean?

scary_leary

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 10:14 PM »
From what i remember:
The original has a recess for the shaft bolt washer
The fakes don't..

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 10:29 PM »
I recently found that the hutch stem blots are slightly smaller than normal. I tried various bolts from different stems including tuf-neck, suntour, sr, generic & Haro. The only bolts I could find that were the same size were from a Haro Group 1 stem.

Hope this helps

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 06:29 PM »
cheers Fella's

yeap i've asked to find out who suggested it wasn't genuine as they should have maybe emailed me also ?

on my one it doesnt actually have the recess for the shaft bolt washer ?  i'll compare the stem bolt sizes later.

Its no secret where i bought the bike, it came from Peckham London, and the bloke was well into he's bikes, he'd had it ages, the stem was actually stuck and took a bit of effort to get out,  its my feeling that this stem had been on the bike for at least 10 years.

Thanks for everyones help so far.

;)

scary_leary

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 06:24 PM »
cheers Scary

thats great,

:)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  MY Hutch Stem auction,

gfxgfx
gfx gfx