gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 10:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Help Needed - which freestyler do I need
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help Needed - which freestyler do I need  (Read 572 times)

haro boy

Help Needed - which freestyler do I need
« on: September 20, 2012, 07:45 PM »
Hi, just getting back into freestyle at 43 and have bought a stunning Gen 1 but don't want to damage it so need another bike.
I've had a go on a couple new bikes and definitely prefer old school geometry, love my haro.
I want a bike to ride and not worry too much about damage,
So the brief
Old school feel, tight geometry, not flatland size, not a Gt performer, too lazy! Must have very tight front end
Good brakes a must, gyro etc
Coaster fit able,

Do. I need a mid school bike?

Any thoughts, anything for sale?
Thanks in advance , Mark
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 07:47 PM by haro boy »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Help Needed - which freestyler do I need
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 07:50 PM »
hoffman big daddy will cover all your needs,or someting similar.

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 07:55 PM »
Haro Zippo,
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 10:32 AM »
id ride the gen1 and build a GT for show  ;)

haro boy

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 10:45 AM »
That would just be GAY!!

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 11:19 AM »
Joking aside, the earlier suggestion a Haro Zippo with decentish parts would be ideal. My brother has over 20 o/s bikes and the bike he rides in a skatepark is his Zippo. Rides great and looks sweet as well if you decal it up right :coolsmiley:

Of course the ONLY o/s bike to have the geometry you want is an MRD Badlander, but you're better off looking for a decent midschool if you can as they're a bit tricky to find. Also, if you're going to ride it in anger and have a go at ramps, make sure you get an 1-1/8" Ahead stem / fork / headset arangement or do the conversion on a 1" system as a quil stem will drive you mental tightening up your headset and clanging the stem about getting loose..... :uglystupid2:

Eventually like the rest of us you will realise that it's oldschool for rolling about on or looking at and only newschool to ride. There are plenty of n/s bikes with a retro look to them and if you turn up to one of the ramp nights you can have a go on most of them - try and make it to the xmas bash at Terminal One for instance and there will me my RetroGoose, Ed's Supercross, plenty of DTT Subrusa's and a Ripper / Quadrangle or two for you to try :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Help Needed - which freestyler do I need

gfxgfx
gfx gfx