gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 10:41 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Primo powerbites
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Primo powerbites  (Read 840 times)

Offline gary67

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Primo powerbites
« on: September 16, 2012, 02:23 PM »
Got some early powerbites with the pedals stuck on.The old problem of them spinning in the arms when you try to take them off.Is there anyway of fixing this prob??

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Primo powerbites
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 02:48 PM »
I've got several sets of powerbites with different pedal bosses. I have had this problem aswell even on my newer hollowbites. If it is the sort with the lock ring on the back, I took the pedal all the way out with the insert. Carefully clamped it in a vise at work sprayed with WD40 and left for awhile. Then undid the pedal. Cleaned everything throughly, Getting all the old lock-tite off. Then re-applied lock-tite and put it back together. I now put grease on my pedal threads and just nip them up.

Offline gary67

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 02:54 PM »
I've got several sets of powerbites with different pedal bosses. I have had this problem aswell even on my newer hollowbites. If it is the sort with the lock ring on the back, I took the pedal all the way out with the insert. Carefully clamped it in a vise at work sprayed with WD40 and left for awhile. Then undid the pedal. Cleaned everything throughly, Getting all the old lock-tite off. Then re-applied lock-tite and put it back together. I now put grease on my pedal threads and just nip them up.

Cheers,maybe i'll try that :daumenhoch:

Offline gary67

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 04:48 PM »
Luckily only 1 insert came out,so will give it a good soak with WD.What sort of loc tite'the normal one from diy stores etc?

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 11:43 AM »
I had a similar problem with mine a few months back and it turned out the thread stripped in the one arm.  helicoiling was gooing to cost me about £25 so i decided to sell the cranks for spare in the end :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Primo powerbites

gfxgfx
gfx gfx