gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 10:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bolt thru bollox
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bolt thru bollox  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
Re: Bolt thru bollox
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 10:55 PM »
Is Roger running a bloody hydraulic disc in that pic...??!!!  ???

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 10:59 PM »
I walked past that bike last week at Eurobike in Germany, I should have had a gander!

Adding 25mm at the dropouts would have to make the stays flare out as I said and that'll be a nightmare for crank clearance. I'll see if that bike is at Interbike and have a proper look.

Yes please take some pics. Id love to know what is going on there. Looking at the chain line in that pic and the fact he has a disk brake I'd be very surprised if that's a 110 frame.

Is Roger running a bloody hydraulic disc in that pic...??!!!  ???

Yes.  :daumenhoch:
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

gossa

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 11:16 PM »
I'll see what I can find out. If they don't have the bike at Interbike, I'm good mates with Andy Kessler who used be the CEO of BMC, I'm sure he can find out. Is there nothing about it on the web?

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 11:18 PM »
Would he just not run a longer axle...?  ???

gossa

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 11:20 PM »

You lost me?

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 11:22 PM »

You lost me?

For arm clearance if its 135....

gossa

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2012, 11:24 PM »
Ah yes you could but then the Q factor would be immense and pedaling dynamics would be shit.

gossa

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2012, 11:25 PM »
All just speculation though!

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2012, 11:56 PM »
2024 mag did an interview with him a month or so back. His bike is a custom build for SX. Very long rear triangle, adjustable head angle, disc brake etc.

Very trick, but very specific to him.

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2012, 07:09 AM »
I had Odyssey Xtro forks and hub set up on my cruiser and it was noticably stiffer especially on the gate

Dingo

Really Ding? What torsionally? I need to have a ride I reckon.....

yep waaay stiffer and steered better!

I dont like flex on the gate and recently tried some new Renthal bars, on the gate they flexed and creaked! awful bars

Dingo

gossa

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2012, 08:02 AM »
Wow Dingo, I heard the Renthals were really good, obviously not! Still you haven't experienced flex until you've had a set of Galindo's!

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2012, 05:02 PM »
Wow Dingo, I heard the Renthals were really good, obviously not! Still you haven't experienced flex until you've had a set of Galindo's!

Had a set of those on a build a few years ago, plastic crossbar with holes in! flexed like spaghetti lol

Dingo

gossa

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Had a set of those on a build a few years ago, plastic crossbar with holes in! flexed like spaghetti lol

Dingo

Yeah I use to race on a set around '84 on a GT Pro 4 and they were utter shite, but Clint Miller used them so I thought they must have been good!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2012, 11:20 PM »

Dingo

They are a lot better than that now Mark, I`ve had a set of Renthals on my cruiser all year and they`ve taken quite a battering, half the weight of S&M and almost exactly the same height and angles  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2012, 07:57 AM »

Dingo

They are a lot better than that now Mark, I`ve had a set of Renthals on my cruiser all year and they`ve taken quite a battering, half the weight of S&M and almost exactly the same height and angles  :daumenhoch:

They were the brand new ones Bill, the tall 20" version where the crossbar sits quite low, I think thats why they flexed? that and the fact I am a biffa lol

Dingo

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 10:02 AM »
The race bikes then are really different beasts to bitd be it looks and tech.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

gossa

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2012, 09:42 PM »
Ok back from Interbike, the BMC BMX wasn't there and bolt thru for BMX is very limited so far, nobody getting too excited about it.

I did however speak to Ian Collins (Colinsboy) from Renthal and suggested he do a 31.8 tapering BMX bar and stem, might work with him on some prototypes.

Most bars and stem in road/mtb are now 31.8 clamp diameter.

That's all, not a lot of BMX going on out there but I did see this, bike of the show for me, a Santa Cruz DH bike converted by Phil Wood to take snow bike tyres, it was an engineering masterpiece, they said it was for sale after the show for $30,000!

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/09/07/phil-wood-shows-converted-santa-cruz-v10-dh-fat-bike-plus-new-track-crankset-seat-collars/

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2012, 10:54 PM »
 Not sure on my thoughts on the thru axle malarkey yet,would bigger cones on 10mm axles improve stiffness? As for 31.8mm clamping area on bars/stems,is it really something that is change for the sake of it? Sure it`d be strong but most bars are butted/heat-treated these days.Looks like SpeedcoIntenseSinzPromax are all over everything,be nice to see more of other manufacturers BMX stuff....Did one of their frames have a 1 1/8 to 1.5 stepdown headtube???

gossa

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2012, 07:02 AM »
Not sure on my thoughts on the thru axle malarkey yet,would bigger cones on 10mm axles improve stiffness? As for 31.8mm clamping area on bars/stems,is it really something that is change for the sake of it? Sure it`d be strong but most bars are butted/heat-treated these days.Looks like SpeedcoIntenseSinzPromax are all over everything,be nice to see more of other manufacturers BMX stuff....Did one of their frames have a 1 1/8 to 1.5 stepdown headtube???

I saw the Speed Co frames, didn't notice if they had a tapered steerer. On the bars, there is an issue in the tapering of the bars then the acute bend upwards but if it could be done I think it would make a significantly stiffer/lighter set up for racers. You just couldn't imagine an MTB or road bike now with skinny bars.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bolt thru bollox

gfxgfx
gfx gfx