gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  A FEW RARE FINDS.......INFO NEEDED IF POSSIBLE PLEASE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A FEW RARE FINDS.......INFO NEEDED IF POSSIBLE PLEASE  (Read 4504 times)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Re: A FEW RARE FINDS.......INFO NEEDED IF POSSIBLE PLEASE
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 04:12 PM »
The master is a first generation one (don't get mixed up with a gen 1 freestyler)
Yours was born on October 1984.  :daumenhoch:

id say it was a gen 3 84 made tai made master
gen 1 and 2 were torker made dropout serial stamped with no chevrons in the gusset stu :)

I thought gen 1 & gen 2 were freestylers. They weren't called master until 1984. So it would be a gen 1 master in my eyes.  But you could also say it was a gen 3 as it followed the same frame type as the freestyler. I hope this clears up the confusion. :)

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 04:45 PM »
The master is a first generation one (don't get mixed up with a gen 1 freestyler)
Yours was born on October 1984.  :daumenhoch:

id say it was a gen 3 84 made tai made master
gen 1 and 2 were torker made dropout serial stamped with no chevrons in the gusset stu :)

I thought gen 1 & gen 2 were freestylers. They weren't called master until 1984. So it would be a gen 1 master in my eyes.  But you could also say it was a gen 3 as it followed the same frame type as the freestyler. I hope this clears up the confusion. :)

haha are you sure stu?
there was only a gen 1 freestyler. they modified the gusset due to them breaking hence the mark 1 and mark 2. both gen 1 freestylers all the same

yes in 84 the master was released but in 3 gens for that year
gen 1 us torker made master
gen 2 us torker made master
gen 3 tai anlun made master
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 04:48 PM by brummie »

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 05:39 PM »
Ahh I get ya.  :LolLolLolLol:

ozone

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 06:54 PM »

it looks like some numpty welded the rear dropouts on the wrong way up.   :wtf:

Yeah I thought that too - fookin nuts that is  :uglystupid2: :2funny: :10_2_12: :LolLolLolLol:

Proper friday afternoon job that, or a hungover Monday morning maybe.    :LolLolLolLol:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 12:54 AM »

it looks like some numpty welded the rear dropouts on the wrong way up.   :wtf:

Yeah I thought that too - fookin nuts that is  :uglystupid2: :2funny: :10_2_12: :LolLolLolLol:

Proper friday afternoon job that, or a hungover Monday morning maybe.    :LolLolLolLol:

Indeed !!!  :2funny: :10_2_12: :LolLolLolLol:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Empi76

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2012, 12:18 PM »
I had an old BMX back in the day that had those strange mags with drum brakes called an XM9 it came from a bike shop in chichester, Same grips too!

Can't find any info or pics on it tho

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  A FEW RARE FINDS.......INFO NEEDED IF POSSIBLE PLEASE

gfxgfx
gfx gfx