gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 10:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  new to bmx - bit of help please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new to bmx - bit of help please  (Read 3731 times)

GaryN

Re: new to bmx - bit of help please
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 10:22 PM »
been out for the first time today and enjoyed it was hard work though and started getting used to it.

Nice one  :daumenhoch:

Haven't been out on mine today as I have been fixing my sons mountain bike, new rear wheel, cassette, rear derailleur, rear derailleur cable, chain, bottom bracket, rear brake pads and front and rear brake cables.

It's running really sweet now, not sure for how long as it does get a fair amount of abuse  ::)

dan_b

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 10:59 PM »
i stripped the lads crank and rebuilt that, then took his mate to pick a new bmx up which got a deal out of, i got a better wheel for the front with sealed bearing and a good tyre for taking him 10 minutes down the road. then swapped the forks for him before we went out. found a industrial estate 2 minutes away and there was a stack of pallets we put down and jumping onto it but they was doing manuals over them. bit of a concrete bank to do a little wall ride then was practising to fakie down a carpark managed about 3 metres. and could ride up a slight slope 180 and come back down not tried it landing rolling back yet.
going to some dirt jumps at sherwood pines next sunday if you heard of it meant to be awesome now and its 15/20 mins ride from my house so looking forward to that.
didnt really like riding brakeless so be glad when i get a brake on tuesday. nearly hit a taxi and railing trying to stop down a hill lol

dan_b

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 09:47 PM »
well did 5 hours riding yesterday and around 6 today. really enjoying it now. yesterday we went down to the dirt jumps at sherwood pines and didnt really do much just getting the feel of the bike on dirt and by then end could jump the small table top set. then today went to a skatepark had a nice 4 mile ride there and back and was rather scary at first but learnt how to drop in on a 4ft quarter and was having fun till there was about 50 idiots drinking and smoking the funny stuff all over the park so didnt really want my little one there. had a ride back and went up the industrial estate doing some flat land stuff. got to wall ride the bank pretty good, i can manual about 3 metres, can do a 180 and roll back and out of it without falling and also nearly landing footjam whips now just got to land on the pedals now. couldnt get half way round without falling yesterday so definately getting there.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2012, 07:20 AM »
sounds great Dan  :daumenhoch:

dan_b

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2012, 12:48 PM »
i was checking the bike to go out this morning and the front wheel is making a horrible binding noise and loud clunking when turning the wheel. i stripped it down and regreased and was still doing it. so from the old wheel i took the axle and cones out to try and still made the noise and doesnt turn freely with the noise. any ideas of a good cheap wheel? are the prolite evolution hubs and wheels good? its cheap and has sealed bearings and double wall rim. thanks

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  new to bmx - bit of help please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx