gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:08 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Hutch pro racer forks. Filling the brake hole in
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hutch pro racer forks. Filling the brake hole in  (Read 542 times)

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
Hutch pro racer forks. Filling the brake hole in
« on: August 28, 2012, 12:38 PM »
Hi all. I have a set of pro racer forks.. They are pre drilled, but for my resto i only want to fit a rear brake. I therefore want the fork holes filling in, and the forks re-chroming. I've been to a mechanic i know who does bits of welding. He says he can fill them using 'mild steel mig weld'. Does anyone know if that would be suitable to be re-chromed over, and would it bond with the chromoly tubing of the forks? Alternatively, is there anyone on RAD who can do this work for me? Thanks folks. Hope somebody can help!

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Hutch pro racer forks. Filling the brake hole in
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:42 PM »
is the chrome shot on the forks then?
if the chrome is okay then just dont fit a front brake as most race f&f still came this way

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
Re: Hutch pro racer forks. Filling the brake hole in
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 12:46 PM »
is the chrome shot on the forks then?
if the chrome is okay then just dont fit a front brake as most race f&f still came this way

The chrome has already been stripped and the forks have been polished. I really want the holes to be filled, as I don't like the look of drilled forks with no brake fitted.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Hutch pro racer forks. Filling the brake hole in

gfxgfx
gfx gfx