gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 03:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  tattoo removal - anyone had a bash ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: tattoo removal - anyone had a bash ?  (Read 818 times)

Dt123

tattoo removal - anyone had a bash ?
« on: August 27, 2012, 02:07 PM »
got a big tattoo on my rh arm that i'm bored off so going to have a crack at getting it gone

thinking lazer, i know its expensive and no guarantees etc...  seen some tat b cream on the internet with good and bad reviews  - anyone used them ?

whats your thoughts lads, i know certain colours are harder to get out etc.. I've got a mixture of colours in this on

got a bee in my head now so going to done..  any advice would be ace :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: tattoo removal - anyone had a bash ?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 02:09 PM »
I removed my unwanted tattoo myself, my mate owns a shop and I tattoo'd right over the top of my ex's name using a mirror to see, didnt do a bad job to be honest!!

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 02:13 PM »
got a big tattoo on my rh arm that i'm bored off so going to have a crack at getting it gone

thinking lazer, i know its expensive and no guarantees etc...  seen some tat b cream on the internet with good and bad reviews  - anyone used them ?

whats your thoughts lads, i know certain colours are harder to get out etc.. I've got a mixture of colours in this on

got a bee in my head now so going to done..  any advice would be ace :daumenhoch:

speek to SINK hes a tattooist , hell give you some sound advice for sure.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 02:26 PM »
Lasering is expensive and fookin painful but its great if you want a new tattoo over the old one as it dulls the old one dramatically, which gives you the best chance of a nice new piece of ink, not sure if you ever would get perfectly clear skin where a tattoo has been though. Speaking to your local laser treatment/tattooist would best
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Dt123

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 02:30 PM »
thanks guys :daumenhoch:

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 04:09 PM »
Chop your arm off! job done,cheap aswell :daumenhoch:

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 04:28 PM »
Chop your arm off! job done,cheap aswell :daumenhoch:

Bit extreme

You could just wear a t shirt  ;D
2 minutes turkish...

Dt123

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 04:41 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 05:22 PM »
lets see a picture of it  ;)

try this way - bit cheaper  :)

The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 05:33 PM »
i've heard lazer is very painfull and takes quite a few treatments for it to be removed and doesn't always mean it goes completely  :-[

torkertony

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 06:08 PM »
It is super painful, much worse than having a tattoo.  Its like being sprayed with hot chip fat.... If you've ever been spat on when using  the frying pan, it's very similar to that...  :D

On the plus side, it is very quick.  I had half my lower leg done and it only took ten minutes.  I tried numbing cream but after a couple of goes, went without it as you get used to the pain and it doesn't last long.

You'll never get rid of the tattoo totally but it will fade enough to allow you to get a decent cover up and not know it is a cover up.

Depending how good the original tattooist was, it will take you at least 4 or 5 hits with the laser before it fades enough for the cover up.

Be patient though.... You have to leave time in between laser sessions (I think it was about 4 weeks in between treatments) and then I seem to remember I had to wait a good 8 months or so after my final laser before the skin had recovered enough to be tattooed.

The last thing I learnt was that there a different laser machines out there and some are better than other.  I don't know where you are in the UK but I went to Ruby Art in York, which was recomended to me.  I paid £80 per treatment.

Good luck!!

Offline stealth maggot

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 06:21 PM »
Speak to a good friend of mine at flecky's tattooist names Jay on 01942 726966 i've had both arms done and now had left sleeve done £40 a session don't hurt good place good staff

Dt123

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Mate
You had tats done or removed?

Offline stealth maggot

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 06:56 PM »
Had both arms laser removed i had the usal home made ones and proper ones.Now had a new sleeve done just getting ready to start next sleeve between this and tattoo's i dont know which is more addictive  :LolLolLolLol:

Dt123

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 08:59 PM »
Had both arms laser removed i had the usal home made ones and proper ones.Now had a new sleeve done just getting ready to start next sleeve between this and tattoo's i dont know which is more addictive  :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol:ΝΝί

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  tattoo removal - anyone had a bash ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx