gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 06:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Ideas for MK13
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ideas for MK13  (Read 31509 times)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Ideas for MK13
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2012, 09:03 AM »

Its a shame that radman don't judge . He knows his stuff . Pity his collection had not sufaced either .

So the judges this year knew fook all about BMX's then?

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2012, 09:04 AM »
Next year we will be looking at the whole process and i am sure we will come up with something that annoys some people and keeps some people happy, as this years abviously did.
I expect it will involve some moaning and bitching again , but we will try to come up with something more inclusive and more representative of peoples views , but as peoples veiws are different I am sure someone will be not happy.

oh well as it is a bit of fun I guess we should be concentrating on that rather than anything else

the vote for a winner is in theory a good idea , but as some clown bike won with shed loads of votes all in the same hand writing we will not be doing that again as someone felt the need to blatantly cheat and win a trophy even though the bike was not worthy of winning, kinda like playing a blind man at tennis whilst having 20/20 vision sad and a hollow victory

so lets all look forward to 2013 with some proper passion for building old bikes rather than moaning about something that for most was a great compettion  

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2012, 09:28 AM »

Its a shame that radman don't judge . He knows his stuff . Pity his collection had not sufaced either .

nope but radman didn't enter a bike . You can't enter a competition and judge at the same time .
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2012, 09:40 AM »
You can if you do not judge your own bike , and i judged these so there you go you little mahogany monkey  :) and i didnt enter my bike as it was so good I would have won, plus my trophy shelf is full of MK trophys that I judged myself  :daumenhoch:

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2012, 09:41 AM »
Vote waxin  :-*
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2012, 09:43 AM »

Radman don't wanna judge, don't give a fook about old school Bmx, he's got a cool new hobby now that takes his time up, 20 minutes on the machines at the gym...........sweet machine, drinks machine, sandwich machine

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2012, 09:50 AM »
He just wants to be me
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2012, 10:10 AM »

Jesus man he struggles with his huge head already, had to rest it on my shoulder on the ride, no fooking way will he be able to manage that monster melon of yours

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2012, 03:41 PM »
You can't enter a competition and judge at the same time .

I know where you are coming from here. And I completely understand how it 'may' look to some.

I don't really think I need to justify my Profile cruiser as a medal winner (after 5 years of putting it in the SnS - not winning and not complaining either, just going away and working on it more, so that after 3 complete rebuilds I think it was a good contender) , I didn't vote on it, so I was just as elated as the other SnS winners to find out that it had taken a trophy.

And yes I was faced with the decision to either decline judging or not enter my bikes this year, however like others I also spent a lot of time and effort putting my bikes together over the last year, I put all of my bikes in and paid the maximum fee (even though I knew that they weren't going to win, because it meant extra money for the site and more bikes on display for the weekend) But I also really wanted to take up the offer of judging....

I think I did both very fairly....

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2012, 07:33 PM »
You can't enter a competition and judge at the same time .

I know where you are coming from here. And I completely understand how it 'may' look to some.

I don't really think I need to justify my Profile cruiser as a medal winner (after 5 years of putting it in the SnS - not winning and not complaining either, just going away and working on it more, so that after 3 complete rebuilds I think it was a good contender) , I didn't vote on it, so I was just as elated as the other SnS winners to find out that it had taken a trophy.

And yes I was faced with the decision to either decline judging or not enter my bikes this year, however like others I also spent a lot of time and effort putting my bikes together over the last year, I put all of my bikes in and paid the maximum fee (even though I knew that they weren't going to win, because it meant extra money for the site and more bikes on display for the weekend) But I also really wanted to take up the offer of judging....

I think I did both very fairly....
well said dan :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

GaryN

« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2012, 07:54 PM »
As already mentioned a survivors and/or riders category in the show & shine, any BMX any age and let the Radsters be the judges, the bike with the most votes wins.

Survivor class is virtually impossible to judge as how do the judges know what is truely as survivor or not?  Also is the survivor a complete survivor bike, or survivor frame with survivor parts added?  How do we really know that those parts are survivor not just some parts bought?

As for letting the radsters be the judges, we tried that a few years ago and somebody stole a load of the entry cards and voted for the same bike i.e. cheating.

The entrant could provide a spec sheet for the bike declaring what is survivor and what is not perhaps. Okay it is relying in the entrant to be truthful or is that too much to ask?

I guess that you might have already answered my question about people being truthful from the previous experience of allowing the radsters to be judges, what is wrong with people?

Another idea, what about a random class for bikes that do not fit into the existing classes. As for the judging, if you enter a bike in the random class then you get one vote and you can only vote for another bike. No one else votes except for entrants, most votes win.

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2012, 09:57 PM »

nope but radman didn't enter a bike . You can't enter a competition and judge at the same time .

i cant judge craig ! im too busy with my production line of snide jmc seat posts  :LolLolLolLol:  its amazing how many friends i had when i had the bikes .. and now  :'(

Clean

« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2012, 09:59 PM »
I have an idea.... move the date so that I can attend........ PLEASE?  :-\

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2012, 10:04 PM »
since ibrought my bikes back a few mnths ago ive decided to keep under the radar  :coolsmiley:

snav69

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2012, 10:07 PM »
since ibrought my bikes back a few mnths ago ive decided to keep under the radar  :coolsmiley:

:LolLolLolLol:

griff

« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2012, 10:32 PM »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

It's a year away FFS
You need a more flexible social diary Rich, 2 years away not good  :(

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2012, 10:43 PM »

It's a year away FFS

either that or leave them lady boys alone . :LolLolLolLol:

Clean

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2012, 10:50 PM »

It's a year away FFS

Griff,

For what it's worth, I have a dive trip to Norway provisionally booked for summer 2014 already.................  :daumenhoch:

..................... Fortunately, it is nowhere near the MK14 date, unless it ends up in July!  :knuppel2:

Honestly? Being 40 metres under water with a stiff mix of NitrOx and 30 metres visibility on a WW2 German Battleship surpasses anything BMX will ever give me due to my mediocre (throw cash at it) building and poor (180, 180, 180)  riding.  :-\

I am quite proud of my diving career and skills; unfortunately I can't say the same for my BMX career and skills. I love both, but where I really excel, and therefore buzz, is underwater.  :angel:

Regardless, I have met a lot of my favourite people in life since I got back into BMX and discovered you lot, and so I ain't about to flit, but diving in the UK will always be my priority.  :-[

Sorry,

Rant over,

Clean.

In2 bmx

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2012, 11:04 PM »

It's a year away FFS

Griff,
For what it's worth, I have a dive trip to Norway provisionally booked for summer 2014 already.................  :daumenhoch:
..................... Fortunately, it is nowhere near the MK14 date, unless it ends up in July!  :knuppel2:
Honestly? Being 40 metres under water with a stiff mix of NitrOx and 30 metres visibility on a WW2 German Battleship surpasses anything BMX will ever give me due to my mediocre (throw cash at it) building and poor (180, 180, 180)  riding.  :-\
I am quite proud of my diving career and skills; unfortunately I can't say the same for my BMX career and skills. I love both, but where I really excel, and therefore buzz, is underwater.  :angel:
Regardless, I have met a lot of my favourite people in life since I got back into BMX and discovered you lot, and so I ain't about to flit, but diving in the UK will always be my priority.  :-[

Sorry,

Rant over,

Clean.
We can get a ramp near the lake at MK ..  Of you pop on a BMX .... Jump int lake .. Best of both worlds ..  :daumenhoch:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2012, 11:24 PM »

Don't be such a tw@t, of course you can, I didn't have anything to do with any categories that my bikes were in, same as Dan and Ash.  Just because you see dishonesty and conspiracies everywhere doesn't actually mean that anything dishonest happened.  Some people (which includes myself) are honest and fair.

I didn't even want to enter my bikes in the S&S as I was judging but was persuaded by others to do so.

moley

« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2012, 12:22 PM »

It's a year away FFS

Griff,

Sorry,

Rant over,

Clean.
We can get a ramp near the lake at MK ..  Of you pop on a BMX .... Jump int lake .. Best of both worlds ..  :daumenhoch:

You have to come.

If Digglers Lake Jump idea comes off then we'll need your services to retrieve the bikes!!  :daumenhoch:

Clean

« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2012, 06:19 PM »

You have to come.

If Digglers Lake Jump idea comes off then we'll need your services to retrieve the bikes!!  :daumenhoch:

:daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2012, 12:18 AM »

It's a year away FFS

Griff,

Sorry,

Rant over,

Clean.

::)

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2012, 08:13 PM »
I think burning people would bring the crowds in..can't think of anyone at the mo,but give it time :daumenhoch:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2012, 08:45 AM »
I think burning people would bring the crowds in..can't think of anyone at the mo,but give it time :daumenhoch:

The people in the woods nearly did that this year.  :buck2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Ideas for MK13

gfxgfx
gfx gfx