gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 10:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  New brake pads and all bolts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New brake pads and all bolts  (Read 447 times)

lukethespookcoop

New brake pads and all bolts
« on: August 22, 2012, 08:06 PM »
 Alright, can anybody tel me wher I can buy all new bolts washes and gibbons for brakes?, if there is any where!?, don't fancy too much more polishing!. Also, where can I get brake Pads and is there any blown up pictures of rebuilding brakes, I think I've got them right but could do with checking. They're weinmann 890's. Any input would be great. Thanks

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: New brake pads and all bolts
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 08:58 PM »
fleabay is full of pads. bolts are non no different from anything you can get from a good car parts. Brake pivot axle is as follows, so bare with me and see if you get me.

axle then spring, bronze washer, caliper arm, bronze washer and or plastic washer, caliper arm, washer nut, the domed nut, or in weinmann the other nut which has the plastic cover on.

tighten first nut to hold the caliper arms togethor so they move freely but with no forward movement, hold this nut tight with a 10mm spanner then tighten other nut upto it with another 10mm spanner thus locking them togethor.

Prob best doing this on bike.

Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: New brake pads and all bolts
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 09:00 PM »
If your stuck for bronze or plastic washers, rule of thumb is a washer after spring, caliper arms then nuts.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  New brake pads and all bolts

gfxgfx
gfx gfx