gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 02:09 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  2hip Big Boy build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2hip Big Boy build  (Read 16838 times)

Offline webbie

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Re: 2hip Big Boy build
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2012, 01:14 PM »
Really nice  :smitten:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2012, 01:26 PM »
Mmm very nice.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

darksunday

« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2012, 02:39 PM »

:)

gotta sell soon now I've got a WAL coming  :)

seems a shame, you were making a good effort building that, I'd have like to have seen it finished,
I've such a lot of love for Ron W and WAL/2-hip, probably just for the fact that he's a bit of a rebel and tries to do things a little differently,
I had a bad experience with a WAL frame many years ago, so much so that I never bought another product, the frame lasted me all of 3 days IIRC,
the stem on that is nice, like a big fist, the bars are hideous, like beyond hideous, in those bars there is what little there was to hate about the Midschool, even those crazy hoffman many-piece bars were at least a little "tech" looking,  if we look at the S&M and Standard 4 piece bars theyre still industrial looking but retain a little of the elegance of the 2 piece bars, whereas those bars that Ron made were more WAL-MART than WAL-RIOT,
the white grips and tyres don't work either, its a 2-hip, give it at least a little credibility,

love the brakes though,

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2012, 03:43 PM »

:)

gotta sell soon now I've got a WAL coming  :)

seems a shame, you were making a good effort building that, I'd have like to have seen it finished,
I've such a lot of love for Ron W and WAL/2-hip, probably just for the fact that he's a bit of a rebel and tries to do things a little differently,
I had a bad experience with a WAL frame many years ago, so much so that I never bought another product, the frame lasted me all of 3 days IIRC,
the stem on that is nice, like a big fist, the bars are hideous, like beyond hideous, in those bars there is what little there was to hate about the Midschool, even those crazy hoffman many-piece bars were at least a little "tech" looking,  if we look at the S&M and Standard 4 piece bars theyre still industrial looking but retain a little of the elegance of the 2 piece bars, whereas those bars that Ron made were more WAL-MART than WAL-RIOT,
the white grips and tyres don't work either, its a 2-hip, give it at least a little credibility,

love the brakes though,

thanks for the feedback Joe.

It was a Riot that I have been yearning for and when I was offered the Big Boy I got that as the 'next best thing' - I wanted to drill it out and stick a bashguard on it but there didn't go down to well so I left it - there's something about those bars that I love.. they are so wrong they are right! but I do take your point and I was able to score some San Quentin bars for my Riot build.

I will still try and finish it as I have a month to wait to open my Riot.

The white worked on another Riot I saw ( Orgasmdonors - white grips / white seat ) but I probably went to far with the tyres  :laugh:

Got the brakes from Jai @ MK for £10 each  :daumenhoch: I should have brought more.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2012, 11:09 AM »
Ride mag Feb-Mar 1997  :daumenhoch:

Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2012, 02:18 PM »
Radster Gavindavis will like that ... its getting sent to him next week  :daumenhoch:

Dylan Thomas

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2012, 02:39 PM »
Glad it's gone to a good home Ed  :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2012, 03:46 PM »

deffo Rob... Gav has been all over it like a beard  :) it had to go to him  :daumenhoch:

Dylan Thomas

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2012, 05:40 PM »

deffo Rob... Gav has been all over it like a beard  :) it had to go to him  :daumenhoch:

Im gonna wear it like one too :) ...Its staying right under my nose where I can see it :) he he cant wait!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  2hip Big Boy build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx