gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 12:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  padset help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: padset help  (Read 1196 times)

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
padset help
« on: August 07, 2012, 09:22 PM »
ok, so i dyed a nos yellow ammaco padset black and fooked the print.

the scan actually makes it look better than it is as all the print has turned very dark. i'm planning on getting some t shirt transfer paper and printing and ironing it over the top of the print to see if that works. has anyone tried this or do you think i'm just gonna make it worse.

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: padset help
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 09:58 PM »
rtouble is when dying it will dye nearly every thing - the lettering although paint, will still soak up some dye and turn a different colour - like yours it will turn darker

you cannot bleach over the effected area, as it will sap the colour out and not clean it back up like you would like

you could do a Iron Transfer - but you need to get the correct sizing - work out if any heat will effect the pad set !

you could find some pens that would draw over in the right colour ?

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

renegaderacer

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 10:46 PM »
I don't think the iron-on transfer route will work. You really need a white or light colour backgroud for it to work if you're using any colour other than black.

I had the clever idea of designing my own Falcon Pro pads using the iron-on technique but the red and blue backgrounds of the pads was clearly visible through the print making the colours all very dark and the writing hard to read.

You can read them but they don't stand out well. The blue pad was meant to have red writing with a yellow border and the red pads have blue writing with a yellow border but they look almost like a faded black.

It's a nice idea but one best left to the professionals, I think!  :LolLolLolLol:

Giles  ;)

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:54 PM »
thought about something like paint pens too but i would never get a nice clean straight line with my shaky hands.  :LolLolLolLol: i've ordered some t shirt transfer paper for dark colours and i've scanned all the pads at 300 ppi and i'll sort them in photoshop so they should be the correct colour and size when i print them. just hope i don't melt them when i come to iron them.  ;D i'll post pics of the results.

renegaderacer

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 11:00 PM »
Be careful when you iron onto the pads as they may distort if they get too hot.

Also, make sure your printer is compatible with the paper you are using. I've got two types and one printed fine and the other, on the same printer, got stuck and melted all over the rollers at work!  :10_2_12:

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 11:18 AM »
finally printed and ironed on to the padset, turned out pretty good and look alright.  :)

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 11:21 AM »
 :daumenhoch: top work

can you get some close ups of the new pads and what the iron on looks like  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 12:02 PM »
their not perfect and i think because i dyed the pads some of the dye may be coming through, would probably work better on some new blank pads. i'm happy enough with the results.

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 12:19 PM »
that looks spot on  :daumenhoch:

think you just found the way forward - well done  >:D

deeman

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 12:50 AM »
Well saved,they look ace! :daumenhoch:

ratty67vw

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 02:52 AM »
nice job the pads look great  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  padset help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx