gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975641 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 11:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  where did i see a byz ?????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: where did i see a byz ?????  (Read 2228 times)

dannyrobo2012

where did i see a byz ?????
« on: August 02, 2012, 02:13 PM »
where did i see a byz frame for sale on rad ??

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: where did i see a byz ?????
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 02:15 PM »
There is deffo a chrome one on the bay at the mo and i can lay my hands on a sweet white 401 F/F  ;)
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

dannyrobo2012

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 02:30 PM »
a mate of mine was asking about one, i said there was one on rad for sale but can not find it anywhere now ive said it, how much is the white f+f i can ask him :)

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 02:32 PM »
Think it was Mark     (hmoon27)  , sure it sold though  :-\

I have just landed a Tange made chrome 501, nice frames  8)

Sean (Stidds) and ultrasham have both built nice 401's .
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:46 PM by NORTY40 »
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 02:35 PM »
Not sure on the price i will have to enquire. What sort of money is he hoping to spend?
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 02:52 PM »
There is deffo a chrome one on the bay at the mo and i can lay my hands on a sweet white 401 F/F  ;)

Can't find the one on ebay  :-\  Have you got a link  ( not bidding just curious to see what it goes for  ;) )

dannyrobo2012

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 02:56 PM »
a tange one sounds nice,i bet its light ,i will ask him about the byz, since he bought a suspension byz he seems to be buying anything to do with them

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 03:02 PM »
Yeah that was the one, bloody hell, didnt think they were worth that  ???

Seems high to me  :-\

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 03:27 PM »
Yeah that was the one, bloody hell, didnt think they were worth that  ???

Seems high to me  :-\

That is nuts to be honest, I love BYZ's as it was one of my 1st bike, but £217 for a frame that needs a rechrome with no forks and no parts is crazy.

dannyrobo2012

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 03:27 PM »
thats what i thought ,thats loads and its not even got any forks, he must be a happy seller  :)

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 03:32 PM »
wow what a shock

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item3a779315c1&item=251114231233&nma=true&pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&rt=nc&si=oXieNshKY12yfUAbyJLW5O%252FH6oM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1202

That looks like it was a 501 , the Tange made one .   The 401 and 301 weren't tange made as far as i know and aren't worth as much . Like the guy said in his ebay listing the 501 was an outright race machine that came with a mental spec bitd , Shimano DX cranks , DX pedals and even a Shimano DX post  . Rare bikes 8) Having said that it does seem a lot for a frame requiring a full re chrome  :-\

a tange one sounds nice,i bet its light ,

Your right mate , it's one of if not the lightest frame sets i have owned  ;)

dannyrobo2012

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 03:33 PM »
ive pmd  Mark     (hmoon27)  to see how much he sold his for as i know he had one for sale.
 i had to laugh at £217 , there will be about 5 others on fee bay now everyone has seen that  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 03:40 PM »

That looks like it was a 501 , the Tange made one .   The 401 and 301 weren't tange made as far as i know and aren't worth as much . Like the guy said in his ebay listing the 501 was an outright race machine that came with a mental spec bitd , Shimano DX cranks , DX pedals and even a Shimano DX post  . Rare bikes 8) Having said that it does seem a lot for a frame requiring a full re chrome  :-\

Your right mate , it's one of if not the lightest frame sets i have owned  ;)

Actually none of the Yamaha BYZ's were made by Tange, even the 501.  The only difference between the 401 and 501 frames were that the 501 was chrome.  Tange made the forks for the 501 not the frame.

The 501 did have ace parts on though Shimano all round.

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 03:55 PM »

That looks like it was a 501 , the Tange made one .   The 401 and 301 weren't tange made as far as i know and aren't worth as much . Like the guy said in his ebay listing the 501 was an outright race machine that came with a mental spec bitd , Shimano DX cranks , DX pedals and even a Shimano DX post  . Rare bikes 8) Having said that it does seem a lot for a frame requiring a full re chrome  :-\

Your right mate , it's one of if not the lightest frame sets i have owned  ;)

Actually none of the Yamaha BYZ's were made by Tange, even the 501.  The only difference between the 401 and 501 frames were that the 501 was chrome.  Tange made the forks for the 501 not the frame.

The 501 did have ace parts on though Shimano all round.

Funny that as mine is stamped TANGE JAPAN on the BB and came with Tange TRX forks too   :-\   and it's chrome  8)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 03:59 PM »
So what should they be going for? I was offered a complete 401 survivor for 100 notes a while back. Very decent parts list but i didnt have the money to hand  :-[

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 04:17 PM »
Looks like the 501 was Tange made  ....... french ain't my strong point but 'Chassis' i assume means frame  :-\

[/URL]

:daumenhoch:

dannyrobo2012

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 06:14 PM »
wow you really know your stuff :)if he needs any info i will be asking you guys :)

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 07:27 PM »
Ive just cried a bit :'( I took £60 collected ! It needed doing but I reckon £200+ is a bit strong!!
I've still got the wheels and tange max flo forks....I'll put em on the bay at those  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 11:02 PM »
Hey a Yamaha Bizz. thread ...

Well thats what we used to call my mates bike bitd.....we had DB Pro Star's and  Ultra burners etc back then before the Haro Freestlers and Robinsons.

Tell you what guys Bizz or BYZ it was not, I actually think it was one of the best bikes I ever rode, In Chrome and the 501 BYZ bike and  your right I remember it having Tange stamped on it too guys, I was only 12 at the time albeit Tange was a really good name to have on your bike to us anyway.

It had Red Shimano DX parts all over it, I was always after the seat post off it.... :laugh:   . and the only shop we ever saw these was local to us called Rogersons motorcycles in Orrell, the Rogersons Bike shop only did Raleigh Burners and was seperate to the Motorcycle building so I think was a seperate business really ?

Have you got the full bike with all the Shimano bits !!!!!!  If you have thats one serious bike  mate    :smitten:

The bizz Yamaha bike was a seriously light piece of kit, I think lighter than even my Robinson Pro...!   :daumenhoch:  

Sell It to me  ::)  pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee   Build 4...... :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:07 PM by BADDH »
Live life as young as you can, for as long as you can

dannyrobo2012

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 12:01 AM »
right whos got a byz for sale  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 03:08 PM »
Hey a Yamaha Bizz. thread ...

Well thats what we used to call my mates bike bitd.....we had DB Pro Star's and  Ultra burners etc back then before the Haro Freestlers and Robinsons.

Tell you what guys Bizz or BYZ it was not, I actually think it was one of the best bikes I ever rode, In Chrome and the 501 BYZ bike and  your right I remember it having Tange stamped on it too guys, I was only 12 at the time albeit Tange was a really good name to have on your bike to us anyway.

It had Red Shimano DX parts all over it, I was always after the seat post off it.... :laugh:   . and the only shop we ever saw these was local to us called Rogersons motorcycles in Orrell, the Rogersons Bike shop only did Raleigh Burners and was seperate to the Motorcycle building so I think was a seperate business really ?

Have you got the full bike with all the Shimano bits !!!!!!  If you have thats one serious bike  mate    :smitten:

The bizz Yamaha bike was a seriously light piece of kit, I think lighter than even my Robinson Pro...!   :daumenhoch:  

Sell It to me  ::)  pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee   Build 4...... :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Great info mate  :daumenhoch:  at least that confirms the 501's that came to the UK were Tange made aswell . 

The 301's and 401's shared the same frame design as the 501 but that is all , the 501 was a far superior/lighter frameset being Tange made 8)

I remember seeing them in Rogerson's aswell  :D think the only other place that i saw them in the North west was Sale cycles in Manchester .

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 03:36 PM »
just goes to show you learn something new every day  :).
dave the bmxing gypo

dannyrobo2012

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 10:21 PM »
peoples knowledge on here (rad) is out this world,you can ask any thing and they will know or will help you :) i just cant believe he only sold his byz frame for £60  :'( :'(

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 11:57 PM »
May have one on its way to blighty soon  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  where did i see a byz ?????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx