gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 09:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Matt Morelli GT junior resto
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Matt Morelli GT junior resto  (Read 864 times)

bobbysam

Matt Morelli GT junior resto
« on: July 26, 2012, 08:47 PM »
So here's my GT junior resto, I think it's 1992...ish. Took me 6 months to complete and I'm well chuffed with it, it's a rider for my 7yr olds son and he loves it. There's a story behind how I got the bike, in January I married my beautiful wife in LA, she's American and we now live in the UK, well we got married at her friends house, we also stayed in their guest house, well one day I'm nosing around their garage and I see a few bikes hanging from the rafters, one of them was a tired looking GT, I mentioned how cool it was and left it there, well on the morning of my wedding Matt who is the son of my wife's friends and is now 24, wheels the GT down to the guest house and says "I'm giving this to you as a wedding present" I was gob smacked it was his race bike when he was a kid and had been hanging in the garage for years, I promised I would restore it and never sell it telling him that if he ever has kids I will send it back to him, he's seen the pics and is over the moon, said it brought a tear to his eye, just hearing that made it all worth while.

As you can see I had his name put on the pads and my sons name on the decals.

Big thanks to...

SBD for the paint
DEL for the decals
STEVE for the pads

And as always special thanks to WOODY for all his help and advice

Nice one guys  :daumenhoch:

Hope you like it.

Bobby

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 05:20 PM by bobbysam »

rad_pitt

Re: Matt Morelli GT junior resto
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 10:25 PM »
Really cool resto mate, and a nice bit of history to go with it. Bet Sam is made up  :)

keviboy

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 04:03 PM »
Looking at picture number 4 you wouldn't  be a Hobbit would you by chance?.........
Good job Boblaar!
 :Great_Britain:

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 04:06 PM »
Nice job  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Matt Morelli GT junior resto

gfxgfx
gfx gfx