gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 10:51 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  A Mini Transformation...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Mini Transformation...  (Read 1139 times)

750Rush

A Mini Transformation...
« on: July 22, 2012, 07:41 PM »
Having 10 mini burners in various stage of build, I thought it was about time I started to get another in order as my lad just turned 4. I'm currently working on a mini tema burner for him, and have primed and painted the mk2 frameset in white...but whilst I was up in the loft one of his chrome mk2 minis started calling, "what about me? Stop ignoring me."

So, having already tinkered with it in the past, I thought I'd have another play. This is what I started with:

I bought a set of 16" raleigh wheels from Retrorides a couple of years ago with the intention of putting them on a mk1, but the axel was too wide for the front forks so I thought I use them on this chrome mk2 as they are really nice wheels with blue spoke nipples and Araya decals.

So after stripping the frame, I swapped the black chain ring for a blue one and fitted a blue aeroyal seat and some blue and grey dot drips.

Together with her bigger brother, the towing machine!

Then finally finished with cromo decals, brakes, blue chain, white pedals and padset. I hope you like it.

The skyways are already on his mini skyway build and the other black parts will eventually find their way on to his other mk2 chrome frameset which has the original decals...one day.

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
Re: A Mini Transformation...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 08:08 PM »
 :daumenhoch: cool  :coolsmiley:

Rossi46

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 07:20 PM »
Super cool  :daumenhoch:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 08:22 PM »
Is that an XR3i behind the wall...?!!!  :D

Nice rides

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 10:28 PM »

Poor little fella, didn't he want a BMX then

oldboyburner

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 10:45 PM »
That's cool jay  :daumenhoch:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 11:00 PM »

Poor little fella, didn't he want a BMX then

750Rush

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 01:05 PM »
It's my RS turbo behind the wall  ^"^ I've had it 18/19 years now. 14,000 miles on a Power Engineering system II stage 3 engine.

Yes, he wanted a BMX - which is why I built him another old school Raleigh mini Burner. He says it's his favourite bike, better than his Skyway rep, his other mini Burners and the bikes he liked in Halfords ;D

Thanks for the kind comments.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  A Mini Transformation...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx