gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  powder coating or anodizing on wheels and hubs ?? thoughts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: powder coating or anodizing on wheels and hubs ?? thoughts  (Read 848 times)

dj-paul-c

ive got a set of araya 7x wheels and hubs im wanting to have from silver to a diferent colour
im not sure if powdercoating would be best or anodising ?
im wanting to ride the bike when finished so what would be best for use with brake pads

1)i can either have the rims powdered by sbd but what about sides,the powder will come off with brake pads ? i could get sideshines but dont have the experience of doing the sideshines myself ? mebae someone can do the sides for me ?
2)i can have the rims anodised ,i know this is harder wearing but how will it cope with brake pads ?

whats the thoughts
thanks

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
Re: powder coating or anodizing on wheels and hubs ?? thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Annodising will wear off and I think powder will eventually aswell  ::)

dj-paul-c

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 09:29 PM »
think i need to get the rims powdercoated then sideshine`d afterwords

can anyone  polish rims sideshines to for me ? payment made of course

8)

snapper

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 01:59 PM »
....no1- annodise rims /hubs                                    ..........................let the anno shop polish out side walls .............then .... only stainless spokes ........

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  powder coating or anodizing on wheels and hubs ?? thoughts

gfxgfx
gfx gfx