gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975771 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 07, 2024, 05:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  hi from west midlands looking for help please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: hi from west midlands looking for help please  (Read 1401 times)

Sam69

hi from west midlands looking for help please
« on: July 14, 2012, 09:33 PM »
hi guys great site on here,im now 43 i use to race bmx back in the 80s,and loved it,my 2 boys have just learnt to ride bikes and i would like to get a cruiser without spending loads a nice 2nd hand 1 would be nice,im 6ft 1 inch.im looking for help from the forum in getting the right bmx cruiser please,thanks for your time and help   8)

zombie_jesus

Re: hi from west midlands looking for help please
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 05:41 PM »
Welcome to Rad. There are always plenty of bikes being sold in the 'for sale' section. Prob a good
idea to purchase a 'site supporter tag' too as it will make making purchases a whole lot easier. -Vaughan

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 06:12 PM »
welcome aboard fellow midlander

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 08:49 AM »
I would try and get over to the MK festival and ask if you can have a ride on a few cruisers as you may not want one if you try a bigger modern BMX with a large top-tube. There are also a good few bargains to be had as no postage and cash usually talks.

I've also got a 22" wheeled BMX which rides fantastic and you may enjoy more than a bigger 24". Just a thought before you east your money. I paid £200 for the complete bike second hand and it is all new-school geometry and technology, so worth trying the sizes out. They come up every now and then and my brother has one in the box he might sell if you get on with one.

Failing that, call over to Leicester this friday evening and i'll bring it to the Boardroom Skatepark for you to try?
Still limping......

Sam69

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 09:12 PM »
THANKS FOR THAT SPEN,you got any photos of the one in the box by any chance please

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 05:50 PM »
welcome mate :daumenhoch:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 04:14 PM »
welcome to the madhouse  :daumenhoch:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 04:20 PM »
You can get some good cruisers 2nd had. Pretty much any adult cruiser should do the job, you'd be looking for a top tube of 21 1/4 inch or more. Excellent good value complete cruisers from Redline, Haro, DK, Intense, Felt etc, as well as top notch frames from Dialled, Supercross.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  hi from west midlands looking for help please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx