gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 12:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  HerneBay Kent BMX Track- The 80's one
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HerneBay Kent BMX Track- The 80's one  (Read 764 times)

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
HerneBay Kent BMX Track- The 80's one
« on: July 07, 2012, 12:56 PM »
Did anyone race or go to Hernebay BMX track in the 80's? Would love to see some pictures of the track and bikes there.

We had a caravan on the Westbrooke Farm site and a few of the racers stayed there in the summer. Thats where I rode a PK Ripper and Kuwahara Laserlite for the first time.

The carvan site is now housing which was built in mid 90's but the Club House is still there. Think this may be owned by the guy who has Busy B's shop in High Street as always see their van there. I guess the track stopped being used around this time  :-\ .

Anyway great to see any old pictures. As I spent many of summers there and got no pictures. :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 03:59 PM by BMX1973 »

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: HerneBay Kent BMX Track- The 80's one
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 01:00 PM »
Thanks Bob_Acid for putting them links up, really good of you finding them.  :daumenhoch:

Do you know when the track opened and then closed. I think I'm right in saying there is a council tip next door now, did this take over part of the track.
I can remember loads of riders staying on the caravan site. So if there is any radsters that stayed on the site in the early to mid 80s and had a PK Ripper or a Kuwahara (can't remember the the model, but could have been a Laserlite or even a Survivor), you kindly let me have a go on the site field.  :)

:daumenhoch:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 01:22 PM »
Magoo and Billy O would be the ones to ask. The gate is still there by all accounts, if you do a member search for Billy o i'm sure he has some pictures in his posts of what it looks like down there now.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 03:34 PM »
Cheers Bob

Sent Mr magoo a message. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  HerneBay Kent BMX Track- The 80's one

gfxgfx
gfx gfx