gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 07:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  ad990 front brake set up
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ad990 front brake set up  (Read 3750 times)

motomagII

ad990 front brake set up
« on: July 03, 2012, 08:25 PM »
can someone show me some pics how the cable goes into a u brake to use as fron brake etc ?
only got one barrel thingy but the caliper def says front or rear on box.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: ad990 front brake set up
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 09:19 PM »
Depends how fancy you want to get mate.

I've simply jammed my cable into the brake mid school style. All you need then is a knarp for t'other end. It's not the most sophisticated setup but it works.

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 07:24 AM »
Depends how fancy you want to get mate.

I've simply jammed my cable into the brake mid school style. All you need then is a knarp for t'other end. It's not the most sophisticated setup but it works.

THIS IS WHAT I DONE TO BE HONEST LOOKS BIT SHIT BUT WORKS ,thought there would be adjuster for one side and knarp other being front or rear .works okay for what i need just fancied a front brake at bones saturday for change

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 07:51 AM »
Greg

PM your address, i'll send you the bit you need, but tbh they ain't pretty, you decide!

If you are quick, you'll get it by Friday

Mark M
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 09:00 AM »

You dont need an adjuster on the brake cos there is one on the lever. Keep it clean and tidy, nice short cable.  :daumenhoch:
Mmmmmmmmmm  :smitten:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 09:46 AM »
You can get these Greg, I know the other ways work, but this is the easiest way  :daumenhoch:

Rodgy1970

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 06:54 PM »
This is it done using the adjuster that comes with the ad990's, the odyssey one is much neater.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:42 PM by rodriguez »

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 07:03 PM »
Was there an earthquake happening while you took that pic?
2 minutes turkish...

Rodgy1970

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 07:35 PM »
Was there an earthquake happening while you took that pic?

looks really really crap compared to the two pics above    :LolLolLolLol:

phone pic possibly with macro left on   :-\

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:37 PM by rodriguez »

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 08:44 PM »
This is it done using the adjuster that comes with the ad990's, the odyssey one is much neater.

This is the one you're getting Greg, I did say it wasn't pretty, but works, when I had a front brake, I did the same as Alex, but with an adjustable knarp the other side, it was scruffy, but not as bad as these.

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

motomagII

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 09:22 PM »
gotta say alexs way looks smoothest by far i like plenty adjustment though as the lever adjusters alwaya break on me eventually lol
i fdomnt normally run front brake but removed my s&M xlt forks and fitted set oddysey thermals with brake mounts and thrown cheap rush brake caliper on .wioth good set blocks it sort works a treat for few front end tricks.
all i can say is you know its mid school it weighs a ton lol,must be over 30lbs bike
ill throew pic on when i find the camera
#

Rodgy1970

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 10:04 PM »

This is the one you're getting Greg, I did say it wasn't pretty, but works, when I had a front brake, I did the same as Alex, but with an adjustable knarp the other side, it was scruffy, but not as bad as these.

MM

I agree it works spot on.

I put it on having run it without first using just the knarps, that was a pain the the arse to adjust especially with a new cable that was stretching.

Although neater I read somewhere the odyssey one doesn't fit I thought about getting one and modding it but couldn't be bothered.

welsh denny

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 08:14 PM »

you dont need owt but the cable to fit in the 'adjuster' arm. i been running mine like this for years with no problems and i ride flatland so constantly using my brakes

(no i'm not the brakeless new skool variety.  :LolLolLolLol:  )

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  ad990 front brake set up

gfxgfx
gfx gfx