gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 01:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Trick names and where they come from
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Trick names and where they come from  (Read 989 times)

RADHAB

Trick names and where they come from
« on: June 29, 2006, 02:17 PM »
My personal fave trick to do at the moment is the Abubaca.

A rider named George Conjame was seen doing abubacas at one of the first AFA Masters contest in early '84. Ron Wilkerson later took it to vert.

An abubaca is a back tire stall in which the rider jumps or launches to a ledge (rail, deck, etc), stalls on the back tire & fakies off the ledge.

The trick was named by Ron Wilkerson. He named it after a character that Gary Coleman was playing in the '80s sitcom, "Different Strokes". The term "abubaca" is African for "chief".

RADHAB

Re: Trick names and where they come from
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 02:18 PM »
Another fave of mine is Canadian Nosepicks:-

Canadian nosepicks were not actually invented by a canadian (canadian Jay Miron was reputed to have invented the trick) but in fact Joe Hulbert was the first guy to do the bio air to vert nosepick on the coping.

silentpartner

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 09:14 PM »
face plant.....somthing i've i become very good at over the years........... so called by when your head hits the floor when you come off..

alan  :D

electobooty

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 01:21 PM »
Was always surprisingly adept at the famous arseovertit

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 07:50 PM »
The Dead Sailor.  Or as I prefer,  Johhny Stiffback   ;D

That most special of jump or air variation where you do nothing at all and just sail over whatever it was you were supposed to land on in a straight leg and stiff back stylee, usually just tipping gently over to your least favourite side ensuring a horrid footslap and/or body to ground interface.....

The Dead Sailor.   Sailor as in you're sailing,  and dead as in thats what you're going to be when you finally hit the ground   :D ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Trick names and where they come from

gfxgfx
gfx gfx