gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 04:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden round 3 July 9
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hersden round 3 July 9  (Read 6212 times)

TK The Mic

Hersden round 3 July 9
« on: June 29, 2006, 10:55 AM »
Hersden will be staging round three of the summer series on Sunday july 9. Round Two saw only three turn up for the Old Skool group but we hope to have most of the riders who missed out back for this one .

Registration closes around 12 noon

Entry fee £2.50

Hope to see you there

Tony the mic

xtremepervert

Re: Hersden round 3 July 9
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 12:46 PM »
 :'( :'( I won't be able to make this round either guys. I'll be travelling home from Belgium & won't be back in time. I think it's only the last round that I'm going to be able to make this year.

muttley

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 01:01 PM »
Hoping to be on the anti-biotics by tommorow to help me shift this poxy virus  :( Need to ride again  ???

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 01:25 PM »
I am hoping to be there
picking up those stray points the others just leave laying around in the 'C' finals  :LolLolLolLol:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 02:56 PM »
It goes without saying that I'll be there.

Busy month for me though with all the Regionals happening as well. $=4 straight racing weekends. Yippeeeee

Mr Rusty

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 10:17 PM »
Just spectating for me I'm afraid  :-[

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 10:28 PM »
how is the thumb / wrist doing chris ?
cheers Kev

Mr Rusty

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 10:39 PM »
Broken scaphoid (bone near the thumb) so in a cast until July 26th at least.  The position that the thumb's set in makes it impossible to hold the handlebars so I can't even just ride around to keep fit.

Similar problems with driving - couldn't hold the wheel - so I've just bought one of those buttons that they have on lorry steering wheels and this helps.

Apart from that usual stuff - itchy, sweaty, can't do up buttons, laces or zips etc.

I hear Russ Parsons broke his wrist at Dagenham.  If you're reading this Russ good luck mate - know how you feel !!!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 11:41 PM »
I was on the start hill waiting to race and saw Russ slam hard on the final rythum section.

It seems the Hersden lot are dropping like flies at the moment.

jazzyje

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 07:50 AM »
talking to a few of the lads at daggers last night and it seems we may have a well attended race.only euro race at chedder to clash and obviously not many of our lot going to that.prembo's coming,hope to see paul and Aaron,james goodwin and Ken and Matt pryor so could be a busy day with some top riders in all classes.medals for all classes plus rider of the day.
   got to say i was well impressed with the club race at daggers last night.nearly all of  the racers were locals and it shows that the club are doing all the right things at grass roots level.plenty of help from mums and dads i did'nt know from the bmx scene so obviously doing well in getting everyone involved.top night.

aaronsat

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Gonna be there for sure... Enjoyed it so much last time - Especially winning the final (the D final that is and there was only 1 other rider in it (but he was very good I have you know!))

Haven’t had a chance to do any riding since but will hopefully get round to putting a slightly smaller gearing on the bike as think this may help.

Just to say that if there are any of you out there that are still not convinced about coming down and racing…. DO IT… It’s a cracking day and you will not be disappointed.

One quick question…. Did I get points from round 2?  :)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 08:19 PM »
No-one's mentioned the footie final being on that day!!  But that won't stop me and the boys coming down (other things might though).  Just to whet the appetite of those up for some fun, here's a pic from the last King of Dirt

and "Yes" he's actually clipped in - there's ALWAYS one isn't there!!  Only this one has to be one of mine!!  Anyone know how to persuade an almost-teenager that you can't no-footer when clipped in??  Humps

wolfybmx

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 02:45 PM »
wolfy will be there :2gunsfiring_v1:

kamodo

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 06:05 PM »
Looking forward to making this race, hey Muttley ....just come off my antibiotics....get well soon mate  ;)

Gonna bring some bits and pieces to sell (cant be doing with evil bay)

Got nothing to ride......yet (Supergoose is being done)...so willing to help if needed Justin ?

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 10:29 PM »
REckon it's about time we brought the pit-bikes back to Hersden as they're ideally suited to the little track.  So, who's up for a race in the interval??  Matt & James will be riding their Haro's and I believe Pete Lavender is game for my Mongoose Pit-Crew so we need at least one more but if we can make a couple of gates we'll go for a final too.  All just for fun and for the record my James will NOT be clipped in to his 'pit' as he might use it for any KoD contest too.  Humps

kamodo

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 06:31 AM »
Pit bikes at Hersden......classic  ;D

muttley

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 08:03 AM »
Ended up back in the doctors last night with breating problems, now on steroids and feeling quite good so here's to Sunday........fingers crossed  :-\

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 08:13 AM »
Believe that when I see it Muttley  :LolLolLolLol:

Seriously though mate it would be good to see you there.  ;D ;D ;D

MeddlE

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 08:46 AM »
You guys have fun on Sunday, hope there's a good turnout.

muttley

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 09:10 AM »
Believe that when I see it Muttley  :LolLolLolLol:

Seriously though mate it would be good to see you there.  ;D ;D ;D

Just hope there dont bring in random drug testing or i'm in deep shit  :LolLolLolLol:

kamodo

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 06:07 PM »
You still interested in my chrome Robinson Zippy ?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 08:04 PM »
Unfortunateley not mate. Going to thin down the BMX collection ready for my new arrival.

I've got an XL Pro Robinson coming from the states and I don't know wether to just swap it for the red Robinson frame or just sell it as soon as I get it.

I'm also selling the Haro Pro XL I've got as well but more about that later.

kamodo

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 05:33 PM »
No prob Zipster, be good to see you and the locals on Sunday.....any parts that you need?

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 05:47 PM »
i'm planning on being there

though there is the matter of collecting my son from scout camp
that may cock it all up

whats times reg end and racing start normally ?
cheers Kev

Buckmore Bat

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 08:41 PM »
i'll be racing both bikes this weekend.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden round 3 July 9

gfxgfx
gfx gfx