gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 12:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  First Build Info
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: First Build Info  (Read 920 times)

First Build Info
« on: June 18, 2012, 10:37 PM »
Hi Guys,

On with my first build :D  Messed with bikes forever but never actually built one from scratch and never been particular about marking stuff, they've always been riders!

Anyway, been collecting parts for a Streetbeat NOS frame I got, started off as just being a ride, a need to own something that was never available to me when I was a boy, just ownerage really, but has now turned into buying NOS/ex show parts so am suddenly keen to get it right ::)

I've currently got the forks, headset and stem together and the seat attached to the post.  I've got a set of new tuffs for it with tyres mounted, but am currently looking for some alloy hubbed ones so they may change.

I've pretty much got the rest of the bits and pieces together, 3 pc crank etc but was after advice on the sequence from here, are there any guides?  Just after experience really, tips.  I'm sure I've seen some built with nylon washers on the wheel nuts I assume to save excess damage to the drop outs, is this realistic?

All help and tips appreciated :)

Thanks

Jo

Jaypeg

Re: First Build Info
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 11:20 PM »
Evening.. I was on the museum and found this, hope it helps...

http://oldschoolmags.com/tests_and_reviews.html

http://mauricemeyer.net/cgi/mm.pl?datafile=../general/BMX.txt&page=BMX/index

As far as I'm aware though Im Sure someone will confirm the 85 beats were sold as frame and fork set so you could really just add any era specific parts but that said its your bike so do as you please ... Gotta love a beat.

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 08:02 AM »
Jaypeg, Thanks, will take a look at those later.

Your right about the beats, so I'm just trying to get period parts for it!

ozone

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 08:36 AM »

Just after experience really, tips.  I'm sure I've seen some built with nylon washers on the wheel nuts I assume to save excess damage to the drop outs, is this realistic?

They are perfect for a show bike but no good for a rider.   :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  First Build Info

gfxgfx
gfx gfx