gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 08:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Dia Compe Hardware
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dia Compe Hardware  (Read 1274 times)

Clean

Dia Compe Hardware
« on: June 01, 2012, 08:14 AM »
RADsters,

I have now found a source for DC Caliper Hardware (Bolts and Cable Pinch), and Lever Mounting Hardware; does anyone know where I can source Wienmann adjusters, barrels, mounting hardware etc. for an MX?

Thanks,

Clean.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: Dia Compe Hardware
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 08:34 AM »
Cheapest way is to buy a complete 901 caliper and strip it for the bits. Often go on the bay for nowt if they're used mate. Or loom for old Weinmann road calipers as they often have adjusters and all the spindles you need etc.

You still calling in tomorrow bud?
Still limping......

Clean

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 08:47 AM »
Cheapest way is to buy a complete 901 caliper and strip it for the bits. Often go on the bay for nowt if they're used mate. Or loom for old Weinmann road calipers as they often have adjusters and all the spindles you need etc.

You still calling in tomorrow bud?

Cheers, Spen; was thinking of buying one of those cheapy sets from Porkchop and then raping it for bits!  :daumenhoch:

Still on plan for tomorrow, but the missus is hatching an idea to go and stay with her best friends over in Bradford tonight. Might put me back a few hours; would this still work?  :-\

by the way, we have another problem, too... Elina Fibreglass seatpost solid in the frame, which is most bizarre! got it to move in, but cant twist or pull out. Has been soaking i WD40 for a couple of nights so maybe better now.  :knuppel2:

Hopefully see you tomorrow, mate.  :D

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 08:56 AM »
No can do later bud - got something on at 3.....

Careful with the fibreglass, they shatter. Oh, and the new sets from Justin have the wrong asjusters on them so no use.
Still limping......

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 12:20 PM »
 Maybe some kind of solvent for the fibreglass post? Could have a mass goo effect though :daumenhoch:

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 01:01 PM »
You won't dissolve fibre glass with anything I can think of.

WD may even swell the post making it worse. We used to have similar issues with fibre glass bits in our boats.

drill a 10 mm hole through the top of the post and put a tommy bar through it, apply gentle pressure see if it'll move.

worst case is drilling it out, and that'll be easier than a metal post!

Good luck

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Clean

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 01:04 PM »

WD may even swell the post making it worse. We used to have similar issues with fibre glass bits in our boats.

Oh dear.....  :-[

I was hoping to pull out whole and flog it, but looks like it's getting the drill.............  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 02:14 PM »
Just bring it round - i'll get it in the vice Rich.don't drill it yet!
Still limping......

Clean

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 12:56 PM »
Just bring it round - i'll get it in the vice Rich.don't drill it yet!

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 08:19 AM »
That looks good fun guys  :daumenhoch: driller killer  8)

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 09:30 AM »
 Suggestion

Use a Hacksaw blade with some tape over the first 50mm of the end of the balsde to cover the teeth, that will stop you cutting to deep and allow you to monitor the back of the blade for the depth your cutting through the F/G.     ;)
Live life as young as you can, for as long as you can

Clean

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 09:44 AM »
That looks good fun guys  :daumenhoch: driller killer  8)

It was!  :LolLolLolLol:

Suggestion

Use a Hacksaw blade with some tape over the first 50mm of the end of the balsde to cover the teeth, that will stop you cutting to deep and allow you to monitor the back of the blade for the depth your cutting through the F/G.     ;)

We tried everything in a slow escalation of damage ; I wanted to go straight in with the drill, but our Spencer is a perfectionist and took some time to let go of the idea of getting it out in one piece! :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Dia Compe Hardware

gfxgfx
gfx gfx