gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Noob question on OPC Crown Removal
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Noob question on OPC Crown Removal  (Read 1028 times)

Clean

Noob question on OPC Crown Removal
« on: June 06, 2012, 06:43 PM »
RADsters,

Alright, I may not be a Noob here anymore, but I am stripping my first OPC down, so in that sense I am a Noob, I guess?  :idiot2:

So, I need some input, please:

1. Which way do you screw the Drive Side Bearing Crown to undo it and remove it from the OPC?  ???

2. Is the Crown separate to the Hex adjacent to the inside of the Drive Side, or is it all one piece?  :-\

3. How the fook do you do it without an appropriately sized flat spanner to fit onto the Hex between the Crown and Spider?  :'(

4. Where the fook do you get an appropriately sized flat spanner if there is no answer to question 3 above?  :tickedoff:

Help, please, peeps?  :angel:

Thanks,

Clean.

Rodgy1970

Re: Noob question on OPC Crown Removal
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 08:52 PM »
Is this a standard looseball opc bottom bracket you taking a part  :-\

If so the hex nut and the race are separate and are both left hand thread so righty loosey - lefty tighty.

The race on the spider side is right hand thread so righty tighty - left loosey.

Large adjustable spanner, alligator wrench or mole grips.

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 01:13 AM »
ffs Rich   its dead easy

1   Go to the Boardroom on a suspects night

2   Give it to Spen quoting the phrase  " Sort that fooker out for us me old fruit "   

Righty Tighty,   Lefty Loosey   :LolLolLolLol:      always makes me chuckle  :daumenhoch:

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 01:24 AM »
 :wtf: did you ever ride old school ricardo  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 06:09 AM »
Rich, don't embarrass yourself on a public forum mate.

Call me and I will do that for you - embarrass you of course, not help you..... ;-)

Mole grips or follow Jim's instructions and bring it to the Boardroom this weekend. You may recognise a few people there from photos you've seen...... Not saying it's been a long time, but when was the last time you actually RODE your ramp bike?

The race against the back of the spider is a normal thread so undo it anti-clockwise.

Oh, and what Rick said....... ;-D
Still limping......

Clean

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 07:16 AM »

The race on the spider side is right hand thread so righty tighty - left loosey.

Large adjustable spanner, alligator wrench or mole grips.

:daumenhoch:

ffs Rich   its dead easy

1   Go to the Boardroom on a suspects night

2   Give it to Spen quoting the phrase  " Sort that fooker out for us me old fruit "   

Righty Tighty,   Lefty Loosey   :LolLolLolLol:      always makes me chuckle  :daumenhoch:

:daumenhoch:

:wtf: did you ever ride old school ricardo  :LolLolLolLol:

Yes, Rick-ster... rode them, I did not dismantle and rebuild them; that's a pastime for forty-somethings, like us!  :daumenhoch:

Mole grips or follow Jim's instructions and bring it to the Boardroom this weekend. You may recognise a few people there from photos you've seen...... Not saying it's been a long time, but when was the last time you actually RODE your ramp bike?

Oh, and what Rick said....... ;-D

:tickedoff:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Noob question on OPC Crown Removal

gfxgfx
gfx gfx