gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 01:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  S&M Holmes mk3
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: S&M Holmes mk3  (Read 6141 times)

phatjimmy

S&M Holmes mk3
« on: June 06, 2012, 05:58 PM »
Hello all im a fresh member to this site so apologies if this has been asked loads before but whats the chances of picking up a good mk3 Holmes frame? Ive just dug out my last ride from my mammas shed that i bought new in 96 its green i dont remeber seeing another one in this factory colour its a mk1 Standard STA 1 inch headtube with shafted redneck profile 3's and tired looking set of chrome slams from approx 93/94 oh and a front peregrine super pro thats seen better days. Im gonna restore the STA in the future as its got centimental value but im gonna use the bits for a holmes build as my frame before the STA was a black mk3 Holmes with gold stickers ( same as the repro ones on s&m website ) that i made the trip to Backyard in hastings to buy. I loved the way the frame rode compared to the dirtbike i had before as being 6ft 1 it just seemed to fit better. I rode it for around a year and snapped the headtube almost clean off i first thought the headset was playing up but HELL NO it was a death crack!! Also i would like to get hold of a set of superpros are there any survivors?? A rough idea on prices for the frame and wheels would be helpful too so i know my target for saving up.
Thanks all
Phat Jimmy

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: S&M Holmes mk3
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 06:02 PM »
welcome in mate,GREAT choice of ride a pair off the top of the tree.

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 06:04 PM »
Damn straight - good choices, two of the iconic frames from the 90's  :daumenhoch:

Cashola-wise - MK3 Holmes + forks around £100, pair of Super Pro's (dependent on condition) seems to be around the £150-250 mark.

And you're right about the geo on the Holmes, I'm 6'3" and a Holmes feels well comfortable :)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

phatjimmy

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 06:13 PM »
Cheers fellas
Any good search tips as well the only Holmes i can find is on US ebay the guy wants 500 bucks plus shipping and it needs quite a bit of work, the work i dont mind it just seems a bit pricey?

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 06:17 PM »
Lot of cash that for a MK3 - you just missed this one in the UK (although it's a 1 1/8):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S-M-Holmes-Bmx-Frame-And-Forks-old-School-/180881394499?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2a1d5f0b43

Even though you don't need one to post in the wanted, grab yersen' a Site Supporters tag and post up a wanted - and get your arse to MK this year (the SS tag goes towards this), you might be able to talk people into flogging you their rides ;)

phatjimmy

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 06:39 PM »
I just looked at that holmes link nice frame but i built a next gen one a few years back and it wasnt the same maybe im just gettin old but i deffo want a 1 inch headtube. I sold it complete with my late 90 slams, redneck, alex 48,s ready to roll for 100 quid on eggheads bay.And im new so take it easy with the lingo!!! who is yersen and what is MK?? :)

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 06:54 PM »
who is yersen and what is MK?? :)

;D MK is an annual meet in Milton Keynes set up by the runners of this lovely forum:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=140383.0

And 'yersen' is Northern for 'yourself' ;)

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 06:59 PM »

;D MK is an annual meet in Milton Keynes set up by the runners of this lovely forum:

[/quote

are you gannin ta mk danny wor kid  :)
Ride it like its stolen

phatjimmy

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 06:59 PM »
Danny your a star mate i can now speak northern!!! ;D I wondered if MK stood for milton keynes now i know thanks man!!

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 07:07 PM »

are you gannin ta mk danny wor kid  :)

Ap'n fella  :daumenhoch: - got enough notice with the missus so should be scootin up by train (as our lass has the car that weekend), so it'll be me and one bike I reckon :) This'n I reckon (just fer you phatjimmy - every other buggers fed up with seeing it  ;D ):

phatjimmy

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 07:23 PM »
Now thats what im talkin about!! Sweet ride you even have the comp 3's!! I need a holmes in my life!!!!

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 07:24 PM »
might aswell get my out then, it would be rude not to  :D

Ride it like its stolen

phatjimmy

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 07:29 PM »
Now your just being mean!!!! :LolLolLolLol: Another fine example i didnt even know the holmes came in orange is that custom? And hows that pitbull i found they only worked well for a liitle while after you set them up my old holmes had the 990 lugs on the chainstays worked nice.

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 07:34 PM »
Now your just being mean!!!! :LolLolLolLol: Another fine example i didnt even know the holmes came in orange is that custom? And hows that pitbull i found they only worked well for a liitle while after you set them up my old holmes had the 990 lugs on the chainstays worked nice.

its more red than orange its just the light :D   the pitbull works finebut i have only ridden this once since i have built it (keeping it mint so i can put it in the show at mk) but i do ride an early challenger (my race bike) with pitbull on and that works well with pitbull lever :daumenhoch:
Ride it like its stolen

phatjimmy

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 07:41 PM »
Cool i must have been lacking in the setup skills. Ive got the same chainring as you any tips for polishing it up mines a bit grubby?
Nice one

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 07:42 PM »
what the hell here's my 3 :LolLolLolLol:

mk2

mk3

mk4

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 07:44 PM »
Cool i must have been lacking in the setup skills. Ive got the same chainring as you any tips for polishing it up mines a bit grubby?
Nice one

just gave it a quick wipe over with autosol  :daumenhoch:
Ride it like its stolen

phatjimmy

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 07:50 PM »
You lot are taking the p!$$ now!!!! Where can i find one .....must.....build......holmes!!!!

nosepickben

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 08:16 PM »
Just keep looking mate, they come up every now and then. I have 2 finished one's one as work in progress. Great. Great bikes..

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 08:22 PM »
Welcome to the site.  :daumenhoch:

Im waiting for my mk3 Holmes to arrive all the way from Canada.... Taking its sweet time!  :tickedoff:
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

phatjimmy

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 09:37 PM »
This is my current ride ]

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 10:11 PM »
thats nice that jimmy, really like them 38 specials :daumenhoch:
Ride it like its stolen

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 11:57 PM »
Stick up a wanted ad, a mk3 with 990 mounts will be the easiest 1" Holmes to find  :daumenhoch:

I've had one.... it's long gone, wish i could keep em all  :(

2 minutes turkish...

phatjimmy

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 12:03 AM »
Nice one as soon as i get my site supporter status ill do that. I only just found the for sale and wanted section doh!!

Leatherman

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 06:15 PM »
Do we get to show off our Holmes here  :coolsmiley:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  S&M Holmes mk3

gfxgfx
gfx gfx