gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Three sisters racetrack.. HELP NEEDED
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Three sisters racetrack.. HELP NEEDED  (Read 2325 times)

mike pardon

Three sisters racetrack.. HELP NEEDED
« on: June 27, 2006, 08:49 AM »
http://www.wigantoday.net/ViewArticle2.aspx'sectionID=66&ArticleID=1572059

Okay well we got a piece in the local paper about resurrecting the local three sisters racetrack..It stalled initially because of the greenies. But if we get a campaign going then we have more chance. It really needs a joint effort with people writing to the council and telling them its badly needed. I will supply an address and email (later) and if any of you that used to race there or be invovled or have any pictures can flood the email or mailbox it strengthens the case.

Rome wasnt built in a day but i reckon we could reconstruct KING KONG IN 4 hours!!!

Please if your keen with this can you help..cheers Mike
Okay folks this is where we need some help. Yes it has been taken over as a conservation area but not officially. Just because its overgrown dosent mean there gonna find the DODO alive and well..

so if you can voice your opinions to these places send pics articles and how it should be going ahead..

Wigan Post / Observer, Martland Mill, Martland Mill Lane, Wigan, Lancs, WN5 0LX. tell the editor what you what you want and how the track should be revived..

My self and Alan cant do this alone.

Letters to the Lord Peter Smith, Leader of the Council, Wigan MBC, Town Hall, Library Street, Wigan.  yes i know but this guy is the main man..
or mail direct to the guy that did the article he will then forward them on to the proper place..   www.richard.bean@lancspublications.co.uk

i want to see three sisters racetrack holding meetings again         
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 11:16 AM by Pike Mardon »

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Three sisters racetrack.. HELP NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 07:43 PM »
its a conservation area i spoke with alan a few weeks back youll need one hell of alot of names to pull this one off but you have my vote all the way :daumenhoch:

craig
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 09:52 AM »
Good on ya.  You've got my backing, too.  If BMX could really take off like it was in the 80s, I bet it would have a significant impact/improvement on cutting down the trouble caused by younger and younger people nowadays (because they're bored) - will give them something to do as well as keeping them fit.

I'll dig out some photos ready for emailing.

mike pardon

Three sisters needs YOU...
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 11:15 AM »
Okay folks this is where we need some help. Yes it has been taken over as a conservation area but not officially. Just because its overgrown dosent mean there gonna find the DODO alive and well..

so if you can voice your opinions to these places send pics articles and how it should be going ahead..

Wigan Post / Observer, Martland Mill, Martland Mill Lane, Wigan, Lancs, WN5 0LX. tell the editor what you what you want and how the track should be revived..

My self and Alan cant do this alone.

Letters to the Lord Peter Smith, Leader of the Council, Wigan MBC, Town Hall, Library Street, Wigan.  yes i know but this guy is the main man..
or mail direct to the guy that did the article he will then forward them on to the proper place..   www.richard.bean@lancspublications.co.uk

i want to see three sisters racetrack holding meetings again         DONT YOU ??

sanderson

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 06:15 PM »
lets get it sorted, :daumenhoch:

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 06:44 PM »
 :daumenhoch: i'll back it  :daumenhoch:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

mike pardon

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 08:58 AM »

Well write all your memories, views, pics, wants anything to the addreses and emails i posted with the thread and get on it!!!  :angrysoapbox:

cheers Mike

we need all the people we can muster
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 12:14 PM by Pike Mardon »

mightymini

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 09:10 AM »
try this http://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?categoryID=1039&documentID=456
our track is built in a conservation area. you wouldnt be damaging the area as the materials used are bio freindly any way.

mike pardon

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 09:37 AM »
come on you lot send in some replies.....................

mike pardon

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 08:42 PM »
lets get it sorted, :daumenhoch:

Come on then someone out there has to have pics and memories of king kong and three sisters?? please send into the addresses given or email...every action has a reaction.. so you can all pat yourselves on the back when the track is rebuilt...

ronnie360

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 08:54 PM »
you have my vote i am not into bmx racing but i am all for the re-build of any track,if you was closer to where i lived i would even help you out as i have a 21 ton 360 excavator which would sort out any track  :daumenhoch:

mike pardon

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 08:59 PM »
thanks mate, if you drop an email or line to the address at the beginning of the thread and tell them of your love and need to see a track there. It all helps..shame your not closer with the digger..thanks anyway Mike

keep em coming

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Three sisters racetrack.. HELP NEEDED

gfxgfx
gfx gfx