gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 05:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Posting tyres?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Posting tyres?  (Read 328 times)

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Posting tyres?
« on: May 29, 2012, 06:51 AM »
How do you lot post tyres??
i posted a pair of tyres saturday and i got robbed by the post office! they said they were too big to go first class recorded, i layed them on top of each other (not folded) wrapped them in a bin liner and taped them up, obviously not vey heavy, i could have gone with standard parcels for about £6 i think but i wanted a signature so i had to go with parcelforce 48 which cost me just over £11 :shocked:..would it have been ok to fold them or would that have damaged them, they were the fit fafs i had for sale on here...i have the eclat tyres for sale aswell and i dont want the same to happen again, can they be folded or is that a no no..
cheers,Paul.. :daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Posting tyres?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 07:03 AM »
This is what I do Paul, but at my local Post Office at Christmas I give the lady a card with £20 in it & say 'thank you for all your help this year' so she always does me a proof of postage which means whatever I post is insured by the Post Office for £42 or something. of course if I'm sending something of large value I add insurance, but for low value big items, I just get proof of postage  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 09:17 AM »
Paul, I do the same with tyres mate. Lay them together, wrap 3 bin liners around them, then over tape with brown parcel tape  :daumenhoch:

Post offices vary dependent on size and how many people work there, IMO. They work on commission so, even though you might have weighed it at home and have your quote, it may not be the same as what they tell you. For example, I boxed a set of bars and made the box around the bars. There was no room to play with. I took them to the nearest post office to me which has around 6 windows. They wanted £25 to post them to the Netherlands, international signed for. Too much. So I then went to the small independent PO in Tolworth with the same boxed item. They have 2 windows. They charged me £14. £11 less than the other thieving arabs  :yahoo_silent: I then tried again with another package to test the theory. I boxed a set of bars, seat post and seat clamp all in the same box. Took it to the main PO and got a quote to post to Canada. £56 international signed for. Took it to the small PO and was quoted £38 for the same thing. Needless to say I do not use the main PO anymore  :daumenhoch:

It's normally around £6.72 per set of tyres sent 1st class recorded. I find that reaches the recipient the next day if posted early enough  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 05:31 PM »
i've had tyres that were twisted into a figure 8 then folded, didn't do them any harm.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 05:37 PM »
i've had tyres that were twisted into a figure 8 then folded, didn't do them any harm.  :daumenhoch:

I've done just that and had no complaints

Zip tie to keep em folded and squash em into a box  :daumenhoch:
2 minutes turkish...

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 06:10 PM »

I've done just that and had no complaints

Zip tie to keep em folded and squash em into a box  :daumenhoch:
ill do that next time then....if anyone ever buys them.. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 09:28 PM »
Tyres, they're a bugger to get through the hole in the postbox too  :crazy2:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Posting tyres?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx