gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 08:42 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Odyssey Brake Levers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Odyssey Brake Levers  (Read 1562 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Odyssey Brake Levers
« on: June 26, 2006, 10:22 PM »
Having a few probs getting a right hand Dia Compe Tech 4 or Tech 5 lever in black so was wondering what Odyssey brake levers were around in the the late 80's to match up with a Pitbull brake?

Cheers

Marty  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
Re: Odyssey Brake Levers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 11:38 PM »
Odyssey brake levers

i think sandro has one on his robinson

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 12:40 AM by kdw712 »
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 12:38 AM »
"Right hand Dia Compe Tech 4 or Tech 5 lever in black"... Were they the ones that pushed the outer sleeve instead of pulling the cable itself?
Must remember to check the one that's in my shed as I type, could be right up your alley. Still in the packet!

As far as levers, I had some lovely stubby Odyssey 2-finger locking ones that I bought after seeing them on Dave Slade's bike. Thought they were the dog's dangly bits at the time, unfortunately they got nicked along with my bike when my flat was burgled in about '93.
There were some on eBay not too long ago, but they're not common. Can't remember the name of them just now...

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 07:52 AM »
Odyssey brake levers

I do indeed. Odyssey Pitbull II lever. Bought from US Ebay. Mines red.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 01:46 PM »
Odyssey brake levers

I do indeed. Odyssey Pitbull II lever. Bought from US Ebay. Mines red.

I want one of these in this colour :'(

Who knows where I can get one?

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 01:51 PM »
They are on ebay.com, not the Englsh one. You will need to see if they will post to the uk, if not you need to find a buddy in the USA to post it on. You could try Cyclesport though as I know they had Pitbulls

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 02:09 PM »
They are on ebay.com, not the Englsh one. You will need to see if they will post to the uk, if not you need to find a buddy in the USA to post it on. You could try Cyclesport though as I know they had Pitbulls

Thanks mate, btw did you have any luck with the faxing over the internet?  I could only find sites that charge a monthly fee.  You might be better off using the broadband line and paying the call cost if it's only for the odd fax now and then  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 02:15 PM »
"Right hand Dia Compe Tech 4 or Tech 5 lever in black"... Were they the ones that pushed the outer sleeve instead of pulling the cable itself?
Must remember to check the one that's in my shed as I type, could be right up your alley. Still in the packet!

As far as levers, I had some lovely stubby Odyssey 2-finger locking ones that I bought after seeing them on Dave Slade's bike. Thought they were the dog's dangly bits at the time, unfortunately they got nicked along with my bike when my flat was burgled in about '93.
There were some on eBay not too long ago, but they're not common. Can't remember the name of them just now...

I'd be interested in the Tech 4 or Tech 5, both operated like a traditional brake lever though.  If you dig it out and have a picture that would be really helpful  :daumenhoch:

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 12:33 PM »
Send me a PM, I'll try to mail a pic when I can get to the shed with a camera. Also, the forum moves so fast I'll lose sight of and forget this thread.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 01:12 PM »
Send me a PM, I'll try to mail a pic when I can get to the shed with a camera. Also, the forum moves so fast I'll lose sight of and forget this thread.

You got mail  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Odyssey Brake Levers

gfxgfx
gfx gfx