gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 04:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Brake issue
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Brake issue  (Read 596 times)

Webby20001

Brake issue
« on: May 24, 2012, 02:32 PM »
Having problems with my brakes!!! 

Problem I'm having is I get them set up and then pull on the lever, they close and work a treat, trouble is one side springs back but the other doesn't!! Therefore I then have one side rubbing on the wheel.  Then when I pull them on again only the one side moves??

Tried with a set of 901's and some mx1000's and get them same issue so must be doing something wrong.

Any suggestions on how to sort this?? :daumenhoch:

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Brake issue
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 02:34 PM »
you could try releasing the pinch bolt a wee bit it sounds like they might be tightened wp to much :)

Webby20001

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 02:51 PM »
Cheers Brummie, is that the second bolt from the front??

splodge

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 08:30 PM »
Cheers Brummie, is that the second bolt from the front??

The pinch bolt is the one that the cable goes in then you tighten up to secure it. I love tweeking my brakes, I could spend hours getting them right.

If one side is moving in & out when you pull the lever & the other is sticking to the rim then first of all the whole caliper may not be central to the wheel. Undo the pinch bolt or undo the adjuster so you have plenty of gap between the pads & rim, then undo the nut on the back so the caliper becomes lose, then shift the whole caliper over so the sticking shoe is well away from the rim, pull the cable back through & adjust & see how they move. Hopefully the stuck side should be moving in & out now. If so then pull the cable through & adjust & away you go

If not then undo the caliper again & take it off, the rear spring behind the arms prob needs a good stretch. Its also a good idea to dab a spot of grease where it slides on the caliper arms. Pull it out so its nearly straight then hook it back in again & repeat whats above.

that will sort it....unless you have the wheel wonky in the drop outs  ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Brake issue

gfxgfx
gfx gfx