gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 04:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  any ramp builders on here?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: any ramp builders on here?  (Read 1189 times)

Murph

any ramp builders on here?
« on: May 22, 2012, 10:49 PM »
hello there i am helping a friend building a indoor park,in the isle of wight as i posted yesterday,i have been looking on the net on all sorts of ramps mini half pipes,splines,boxes and quarter pipes my question is,is the transitions as they are all different on a 4 foot high mini ramp from what i have seen,plus when building a quarter pipe some have a foot of vert at the top,some have a 8 foot radius on an 8 foot high ramp,so is there any standard rule of thumb as as there is a section on the drawing showing a 4 foot high ramp with a 4 foot radius on it surely thats to tight of a radius you will lose all your speed and energy when you go up it,i know that the park has been design for skateboarders scooters,skaters and bmx,i have not rode any ramps in 25 plus years but hope to shortly when the park is done so any help would be much appreciated from ramp builders or riders that know these things,cheers mick.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: any ramp builders on here?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 12:19 AM »
Cheers Glen  :daumenhoch:

Hi Murph.

Be careful buddy! There's some bloody expensive mistakes to be made!

It's all about proportion, and building to the space. You can fiddle with transitions and flat bottom lengths wee bit to suit a space but there are limits to doing that.

The short answer to your question is no, there is no standard rule of thumb any more, but you won't go too far wrong with Glens numbers. They must be in context with the space they're going in though.

I'm not trying to tout for work or owt, but it might be worth having me down for a couple of days to set some stuff out and shape some trannies for you, then you can crack on with the build. Fire me a PM if you're interested.

Good luck with your build, always good to hear of a new project  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  any ramp builders on here?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx