gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 09:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The possibilities....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The possibilities....  (Read 406 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
The possibilities....
« on: May 22, 2012, 06:47 PM »
... took a friend to scrap her car today at a vast recycling plant in old trafford. The place was enormous with piles of shredded and chipped scrap metal everywhere. One pile caught my eye as it seem to consist, almost totally, of bikes and wheels.  :shocked:

There were far too many to make distinguish makes or owt and i imagine the vast majority are crappy asda and tesco bikes but they must get the odd gem through there  :'(

It got me thinking... how long do you recon you would have to work there before something nice turned up?   :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

rad_pitt

Re: The possibilities....
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 06:57 PM »
I was thinking of something similar. The millions of houses and garages in the UK - I wonder how many gems there are left lurking at the bottom of peoples gardens in old sheds and lock ups. kind of makes me want to go knocking on the neighbours' door  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 06:48 AM »
I got one off someone's trailer at the scrappys about a month ago ! Spun him a line about wanting it for my teenage lad as he'd always wanted an old one ( I've got a daughter who's 5 & can't ride a bike!). He said I could have it, but I was generous and gave him a fiver .........he said he thought there was another in his shed :LolLolLolLol:

balladof32

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 11:48 AM »
youd be suprised how many ppl are already doing deals with bin men and they blokes at the recycling depots ! , kickbacks everywhere...any decent bike in a recycling plant doesnt last long these days  :smiley6600:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The possibilities....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx